Our Saviors Lutheran School
Tel: (217) 546-4531
Our Saviors Lutheran School Photo #2 - STEAM based activities are emphasized in students' learning and growing experiences.
Our Saviors Lutheran School Photo #4 - Providing an environment rich with musical opportunities broadens student learning-Choir (K-8th grades), Band (4th-8th grades).
Our Savior's Lutheran School is a mission of Our Savior's Lutheran Church for over past 60 years.
Our mission is, "Making Disciples - Sharing Christ's Love."What makes Our Savior's Springfield Area's School of Choice is that we provide three daily essentials:1. Christ-centered -- Christ is at the core of everything we do at Our Savior's School.2. Lasting Relationships -- As a Christian school, O.S. builds strong, caring relationships within a nurturing, family environment between students, teachers, families, and community. Our teachers and staff focus on serving our students and families. Relationships established and built at Our Savior's last a lifetime.3. Culture of Excellence -- Because of the first two essentials, Our Savior's can readily provide excellent academic and extra-curricular programs that exceed other area schools. Students from O.S. are well equipped to move on to high school both in academics and as a well-rounded student with a strong foundation in Christian values and lifestyle.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||264 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,005|
|Tuition Notes||Discount tuition for church membership Discount tuition for Affiliate Church membership Financial assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nancy Bray|
|Admissions Associate||Julie Eck|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Board Game Club, Chess Club, Drone Club, Scholastic Bowl, SOON Mission Club, Speech Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Morning Star Choir
- Our Savior`s School (O.S.), was established in 1962 as a Christian day school as part of Our Savior`s Lutheran Church. Our Savior`s offers a quality education from preschool through 8th grade. Our Savior`s is recognized by the state of Illinois and also the National Lutheran Schools Association.
- Our Savior`s offers a Christ-centered education. Faith is developed and nurtured on a daily basis with class instruction and woven into every part of the day. Our Savior`s curriculum integrates Illinois State Standards, while keeping Christian values and perspectives as the core in all subject areas. Students are tested using the NWEA MAP Achievement Test. Our students perform at a very high level above national norms. Learn more about our most recent MAP Test results on our website.
- Our Savior`s offers a solid core curriculum including Literature, English, Math/Accelerated Math, Science, Social Studies, and Religion, along with physical education, band, chorus, music, art, foreign language, and computers. All of our teachers have an Illinois Teachers License.
- Our Savior`s develops the gifts and talents of each student through a wide variety of extracurricular activities: O.S. offers grade level choirs, band and music competition in IESA and IMEA, chess club, scholastic bowl, and several academic competitions in spelling, geography, math, and Bible. A yearly spring musical is performed along with special Christmas programs. Interscholastic athletics begin in 5th grade including cross country, soccer, volleyball, basketball, and track.
- Our Savior`s offers extended care both before and after school. Extended care begins at 6:45 a.m. and is open through 5:30 p.m. Our Savior`s School offers its educational program to families of every faith, race, and national or ethnic origin.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Springfield Grades: PK-8 | 485 students
748 W Laurel St
Springfield, IL 62704
(217) 522-7534 2 PK-8
- Springfield Grades: PK-8 | 363 students
1920 Barberry Dr
Springfield, IL 62704
(217) 546-2159 1.2 PK-8
- Springfield Grades: K-8 | 402 students
2850 Cider Mill Ln
Springfield, IL 62702
(217) 698-1933 1.5 K-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.