- Top Ranked TN School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-6
- Students: 324 students
- Yearly Tuition: $15,185
- Acceptance rate: 50%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
A robust after-school program of clubs and activities is offered, art, Chess Team, Chinese Language Classes, Forensics Team, Junior Legion of Mary, Legos, MathCounts Team, National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), school newspaper, Student Ambassadors, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
All school musical, choir, Private Music Lessons, school band
- Walking the hallways at Overbrook School, from the colorful prekindergarten rooms to the busy junior high wing, allows you to see the spirit of our students, the character of our teachers, and the strength behind our program. We aim to help every child grow in grace and knowledge by fostering a life of prayer, instilling a love for learning, providing a community learning environment, and setting an example of service to others. Overbrook roots children in Truth, inspires them to wonder, and challenges them to give their best to the world. Education in the Dominican tradition rests on the four pillars of study, prayer, community, and service. Overbrook School was established in 1936 on those same four guiding pillars.
- The entry-level prekindergarten at Overbrook provides a Christian Montessori-based program, where children learn through group lessons, one-on-one teacher guidance, and independent work time. Students work at their own pace and on various levels developing skills they will need for kindergarten. Overbrook offers enhanced learning opportunities with all the resources of a PreK-6 school. Students participate in music class with a certified teacher, physical education in the full gymnasium, storytime in the library, Catechesis of the Good Shephard in the Atrium, and can join Suzuki violin classes after school. Prekindergarten and kindergarten children also have their own play-based extended care with indoor and outdoor play, crafts, and rest time.
- Students progress through to sixth grade in the advanced curriculum which includes math leveling in junior high, world language offerings in Latin and Spanish, daily religion classes, studio art, STEM projects beginning in the primary grades, and many after-school enrichment programs.
Endorse Overbrook School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards