5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (615) 292-5134
Overbrook School Photo #2 - Overbrook students are encouraged to wonder about the world around them and to love learning about that world.
Overbrook School Photo #3 - Interactive classrooms and engaging academics help students through the advanced curriculum.
- Overbrook School is a private, Catholic, co-educational elementary school, preschool through eighth grade, owned and administered by the Dominican Sisters of the St. Cecilia Congregation. Overbrook School aims to help every child grow in grace and knowledge by fostering a life of prayer, instilling a love for learning, providing a community learning environment and setting an example of service to others. Overbrook roots children in truth, inspires them to wonder and challenges them to give their best to the world. A few facts: the advanced curriculum includes Singapore math in the lower grades, Latin taught in grades 3-5, Latin and Spanish offered in 6-8, music electives in junior high, prekindergarten uses Montessori methods. 87% - Catholic, 13% non-Catholic
- 17% - diverse 15 - Average class size 39 - faculty members
- 8:1 Student-teacher ratio 43% - faculty and administration hold master`s degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Multi-layered supports help all students, including those with mild learning differences and those designated as high achieving, find success at Overbrook School. These supports are provided in and outside the classroom to help serve the whole child.|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance available and family discount.|
|Admissions Director||Kate Evertsen|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
A robust after-school program of clubs and activities is offered, art, Chess Team, Chinese Language Classes, Forensics Team, Junior Legion of Mary, Legos, MathCounts Team, National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), school newspaper, Student Ambassadors, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
All school musical, choir, Private Music Lessons, school band
- Walking the hallways at Overbrook School, from the colorful prekindergarten rooms to the busy junior high wing, allows you to see the spirit of our students, the character of our teachers, and the strength behind our program. We aim to help every child grow in grace and knowledge by fostering a life of prayer, instilling a love for learning, providing a community learning environment, and setting an example of service to others. Overbrook roots children in Truth, inspires them to wonder, and challenges them to give their best to the world. Education in the Dominican tradition rests on the four pillars of study, prayer, community, and service. Overbrook School was established in 1936 on those same four guiding pillars.
- The entry-level prekindergarten at Overbrook provides a Christian Montessori-based program, where children learn through group lessons, one-on-one teacher guidance, and independent work time. Students work at their own pace and on various levels developing skills they will need for kindergarten. Overbrook offers enhanced learning opportunities with all the resources of a PreK-8 school. Students participate in music class with a certified teacher, physical education in the full gymnasium, storytime in the library, Catechesis of the Good Shephard in the Atrium, and can join Suzuki violin classes after school. Prekindergarten and kindergarten children also have their own play-based extended care with indoor and outdoor play, crafts, and rest time.
- Students progress through to eighth-grade in the advanced curriculum which includes math leveling in junior high, world language offerings in Latin and Spanish, daily religion classes, studio art, STEM projects beginning in the primary grades, and many after school enrichment programs.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nashville Grades: PK-8 | 258 students
3105 Belmont Blvd
Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 292-9465 3.1 PK-8
- Nashville Grades: K-8 | 43 students
814 Youngs Lane
Nashville, TN 37207
(615) 227-8992 3 K-8
The teachers, sisters and staff truly care about my daughter's overall well being.
- Posted by Parent - Itzel Gonzalez
We feel very blessed to be at Overbrook. My children are in an environment where they are being prepared academically, while still given the opportunity to be a kid. I can not say enough good things about this very special school! Overbrook center is God, and everything flows from this. The spirit of wonder in learning and the virtues are an everyday natural part of campus life. We love the small class sizes, Catholic identity, families, and faculty and staff at this sweet school. The presence of the Dominican Sisters is integral to the Catholic identity of the school. Everything they do radiates joy and a love of God. Children are exposed a wide range of academic disciplines, including an integrated STEM curriculum that spans many subjects and includes hands-on experience in the school garden that also includes chickens and sheep. We could not be more pleased with the educational experience, faith formation, and cultures our children are exposed to at Overbrook School.
- Posted by Parent - Overbrook Mom
Excellence on every level, Overbrook School is a gem in the heart of Nashville.
- Posted by Parent - Overbrook Parent
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.