Pacific Harbor Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Pacific Harbor Christian School Photo #2 - We participate in a variety of outreach ministries to support our community and those in need, such as our Food Drive, Christmas Blessing Drive, and ministering at local senior centers and hospitals.
Pacific Harbor Christian School Photo #3 - We offer an exciting Summer Day Camp program to meet the needs of our K-8th grade students! The program offers daily instruction in reading, writing, and math, creative rotation stations in the afternoon, and a weekly Water Play Day and Field Trips every Friday! It is the perfect combination of fun and learning in a safe, Christian environment.
- Pacific Harbor Christian School mission statement is building Christian character and academic excellence in our students, while preparing them to succeed in a challenging world.
- We offer small class sizes, a safe environment, and qualified, caring staff who have each child's best interest at heart.
- We have been a light in our community with a history of 33 years in making a difference in the lives of the children and family that join our school family!.
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||256 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science A, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP US Government, AP US History, AP World History, AP/Art History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,865|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $4,865 for the year. We offer a tuition assistance program to families with financial need, call the office for more information and to pick up a packet. We also offer discounts to parents that have multiple children enrolled at our school.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susie Bethel|
|Admissions Associate||Susie Bethel|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Computer and Audiovisual, Drama, Spiritual Dance Team, Yearbook and Photography|
- Pacific Harbor Christian School is an extension of the ministry of Harbor Christian Center. As such, it exists to bring children into the knowledge of their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. By providing a quality Christian education for both the children of members and non-members of Harbor Christian Center, we provide an environment in which spiritual, intellectual, emotional and social growth can take place. We provide also for the development of physical skills and the expression of each child's unique personality and talents. We believe in encouraging each child to work to his full potential, while recognizing varying levels of ability. The basis for a healthy and positive self-image lies in the knowledge that we are the beloved children of God, redeemed from sin by the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross and equipped to succeed in the life through Him. "We believe that the love of Jesus, the knowledge of salvation and the teaching of Biblical principles are to be interwoven into the student's total school experience."
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harbor City Grades: K-12 | 52 students
25500 S. Vermont Avenue
Harbor City, CA 90710
(310)534-0260 0.9 K-12
- Wilmington Grades: K-8 | 239 students
706 Bay View Ave
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310)834-5574 1.1 K-8
- Harbor City Grades: PK-K | 14 students
1518 Pacific Coast Hwy
Harbor City, CA 90710
(310)891-6080 1.7 PK-K
- San Pedro Grades: 5-12 | 81 students
1 Rolling Hills Prep Way
San Pedro, CA 90732
(310)791-1101 1.8 5-12
PHCS has a really solid academic program, and teachers that are very well prepared both academically and spiritually to serve as teachers and second set of parents to our kids. The availability of music, arts, extracurricular, and athletic activities combined with the solid academic foundation make our kids very well prepared for higher education. We love everyone at PHCS! We are blessed to have our kids here, in a loving, caring, Godly environment where bullying is not tolerated and kids learn to love one another. We won't have it any other way!
- Posted by Parent - me
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.