Parkside Community School
- At Parkside Community School, our goal is for each child to become an independent, self-reliant person with the skill necessary to achieve their own goals, the ability to make a positive contribution to society, and to have an awareness of the interrelated nature of all life.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||28 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Our tuition varies by program - from $9850 to $11,100 per year.|
|Admissions Director||Shannon Thompson|
- Parkside Community School has an enrollment of 135 students and serves 3-year-olds to 12-year-olds, primary through sixth grade. Parkside offers quality Montessori education while cultivating social skills and a strong sense of community through school-wide cultural activities and outdoor experiences. Parkside Community School is committed to providing academic excellence and rich social experiences to nurture the child, family, and community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: K-12 | 383 students
8700 South View Road
Austin, TX 78737
(512)288-5942 5.4 K-12
- Austin Grades: PK-8 | 219 students
1911 San Antonio St
Austin, TX 78705
(512)477-3751 9.3 PK-8
Parkside Community Montessori School is truly a gem. What I love most about Parkside is the wonderful, caring, nurturing and supportive teachers. They are impeccably trained in the Montessori method of early education. Through their execution of the child-led approach, they have fostered independence, creativity, confidence and most importantly a true love of learning in my children. I firmly believe they have established building blocks that will lead my children through their next level of education and through life.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of 2 children in Lower Elementary
Yes I would agree. This school is wonderful! Our son has attended for three years and we have seen him really get fired up about learning and having responsiblies. They also make curiosity, Playing and connecting with his classmates an important part.
- Posted by Parent - Momma bear
Parkside Community School is just that: a community. A nurturing community of learning, creativity, and respect, and it has been our family's privilege to be a part of it for eleven years. We visited several other Montessori schools before choosing Parkside and found that it offered methodology and structure perfectly balanced with variety and freedom. It is neither "militant" Montessori, nor abject chaos. The children are confident, engaged, and very, very happy - almost as happy as the incredibly loving guides and staff. Joe and Claire Bruno have done an amazing job of cultivating an environment where the whole family is included in the learning process, and the lessons are just as applicable outside the gates as they are inside. And even with relocating to our new campus three years ago, the "magic" came with them and was blended into 12 magical acres full of outdoor adventure, creativity, and peace. We have had one or both of our children in each of the programs over the years, and we have never ceased to be amazed at the opportunities and challenges they have been given and, without frustration, mastered and overcome. They are growing into caring, intelligent, and responsible people, and we know that Parkside has played a huge role in that. Our final Gates of Life ceremony was bittersweet, but we have continued to be a part of this community and know we will be forever.
- Posted by Parent - ParksideMomma