Pathfinder Village School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Pathfinder Village School is a place where children who have special needs find the support they need, friendships that last, and room to grow.
- With programs specifically designed to meet the needs for children who have Down syndrome, school becomes an adventure in learning each day.
- The Pathfinder Village School promotes excellence for each student, instills the desire for life-long learning and develops independent, self-sufficient, contributing members of society who find meaning and purpose in life for themselves and others, through a person-centered learning process.
- Pathfinder Village programs help residents build self-esteem, as they are continually encouraged to take on new challenges and endeavors.
- The programs focus on the interests, preferences, strengths and capacities of the individuals.
- Residents are encouraged to make meaningful choices and decisions in their lifestyle planning.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Bilingual School Association|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||A Wide array of learning styles supported here|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Socially Apprropriate for school or work)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies annually, very competitive with local school and local BOCES tuition, in fact less expensive when comparing comparable techer/ student ratio classrooms|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Carl Koenig|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Dance, Freestyle Skiing, Rock Climbing, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Bowling,|
Dance, Freestyle Skiing,
Rock Climbing, Soccer,
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New BerlinGrades: 9-12 | 33 students
P.O. Box 878
New Berlin, NY 13411
- CooperstownGrades: PK-K | 54 students
687 County Highway 59
Cooperstown, NY 13326
- BridgewaterGrades: 2-10 | 7 students
Po Box 381
Bridgewater, NY 13313
- CooperstownGrades: 2-6 | 9 students
4898 State Highway 28
Cooperstown, NY 13326
- OneontaGrades: K | 89 students
2705 State Highway 28
Oneonta, NY 13820
I want to become a staff member at the Delaware house and that's my dream and I'm even more safer with Jared around at the Delaware house and I want to stay at otsesego academy in pathfinder village with Jared for years
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Theresa Martin Clark
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.