Pathfinder Village School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Pathfinder Village School is a place where children who have special needs find the support they need, friendships that last, and room to grow.
- With programs specifically designed to meet the needs for children who have Down syndrome, school becomes an adventure in learning each day.
- The Pathfinder Village School promotes excellence for each student, instills the desire for life-long learning and develops independent, self-sufficient, contributing members of society who find meaning and purpose in life for themselves and others, through a person-centered learning process.
- Pathfinder Village programs help residents build self-esteem, as they are continually encouraged to take on new challenges and endeavors.
- The programs focus on the interests, preferences, strengths and capacities of the individuals.
- Residents are encouraged to make meaningful choices and decisions in their lifestyle planning.
Pathfinder Village School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Bilingual School Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||A Wide array of learning styles supported here|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Socially Apprropriate for school or work)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies annually, very competitive with local school and local BOCES tuition, in fact less expensive when comparing comparable techer/ student ratio classrooms|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Carl Koenig|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Dance, Freestyle Skiing, Rock Climbing, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Bowling,|
Dance, Freestyle Skiing,
Rock Climbing, Soccer,
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Berlin Grades: 9-12 | 33 students
7 School St
New Berlin, NY 13411
(607)386-1730 8.3 9-12
- Cooperstown Grades: PK-2 | 25 students
687 County Highway 59
Cooperstown, NY 13326
(607)547-4060 12.5 PK-2
- Bridgewater Grades: K-10 | 9 students
9635 Rt 20
Bridgewater, NY 13313
(315)822-5233 12.6 K-10
- Cooperstown Grades: 2-6 | 9 students
4898 State Highway 28
Cooperstown, NY 13326
(607)547-5067 12.9 2-6
- Oneonta Grades: Inquire with school | 95 students
2705 State Highway 28
Oneonta, NY 13820
(607)286-7171 16.6 Inquire with school
I want to become a staff member at the Delaware house and that's my dream and I'm even more safer with Jared around at the Delaware house and I want to stay at otsesego academy in pathfinder village with Jared for years
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Theresa Martin Clark
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.