Phillips Brooks School
- Phillips Brooks School offers a full-day preschool through 5th-grade learning community at the intersection of Menlo Park and Palo Alto, neighboring Stanford University.
- By passionately pursuing core teaching beliefs that set us apart, we create the extraordinary every day at PBS. We guide children to cultivate their individual talents, explore, and dig deep while working and reflecting together.
- In the process they discover their best selves they flourish.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||292 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$31,380|
|Tuition Notes||Please note that the listed tuition is for the 2017-2018 school year. Prices are subject to change.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Meeta Gaitonde|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Fleming|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
- The Phillips Brooks School, founded in 1978, is an independent, coeducational day school located in Menlo Park, California. We enroll 280 students in preschool through fifth grade. By passionately pursuing core teaching beliefs that set us apart, we create the extraordinary every day at PBS. We guide children to cultivate their individual talents, explore and dig deep while working and reflecting together. In the process they discover their best selves they flourish.
- You can feel it the moment you step on campus: this is a place that`s open and vibrant, energized by students who are truly known by each adult and peer around them. Here you`ll find engaged children who are fulfilled as they probe meaningful interests and challenged as they apply academic and social learning strategies customized for their developmental trajectory. They emerge as skilled, independent thinkers and empowered community builders who thrive intellectually as well as socially. PBS students know how to be learners, how to relate to one another and who they are.
- Together with our inclusive, multi-cultural family community we create a dynamic atmosphere of collaboration and support. With an impressive roster of core and specialist teachers dedicated to pre-school through fifth grade, and no more than two classrooms per grade, every child and family is an integral partner in our community. There`s an excitement here, a liberating, exhilarating awareness that every day our students are journeying purposefully to become all they are meant to be. Inspired learners. Inspiring life. This is PBS.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Daly CityGrades: PK-8 | 130 students
79 Florence St.
Daly City, CA 94014
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
Menlo ParkGrades: K-8 | 160 students
50 Terminal Ave
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Redwood CityGrades: 6-12 | 795 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Redwood City, CA 94027
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?