Pine Grove School
- Pine Grove offers residential and educational programming for autistic and developmentally disabled children and adolescents.
- Highly individualized care plans focus on receptive and expressive communication skills, behavior management, daily living skills and interpersonal relationships.
- A social-behavioral model is utilized which follows the principles of the behavior management approach.
- In adopting the behavioral approach, we set specific treatment goals that focus on target behaviors in the "here-and-now" and on specific factors or causes that serve to maintain them.
- We assume that these behaviors are learned and that they are specific to given situations.
- We use treatment techniques that have been empirically validated by scientific research to be appropriate for behavior management.
- Positive behavioral support procedures aimed at increasing desirable behaviors are given top priority.
- Special care is taken to protect the children's rights by establishing a treatment environment that imposes the fewest restrictions necessary while assuring individual safety and development.
- This is achieved through having an exact description of the techniques included in written behavioral "policies", careful recording by staff of each incident requiring intervention and keeping a close watch on a child's progress in response to a particular treatment method.
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The educational program at Pine Grove focuses on each child's developmental level in terms of communication, behavior and academic functioning. Our small classrooms allow for individual attention by our certified teachers and behavior therapists. Children who attend school at Pine Grove receive the benefit of attending school year-round (240 days a year). Additional time in the classroom provides each child with increased opportunities to develop academic, communication, independent living and behavior skills to promote the learning process. Difficult behaviors displayed during school are addressed within the school setting through a multidisciplinary approach to ensure that positive behavior supports are implemented throughout the school day. No child is ever discharged from the school program for behaviors that were present at the time of admission.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: PK-K | 71 students
1050 Wildwood Centre Dr
Columbia, SC 29229
(803) 699-9988 6.3 PK-K
- Columbia Grades: PK-K | 93 students
312 Elders Pond Dr
Columbia, SC 29229
(803) 788-7522 6.7 PK-K
- Columbia Grades: 7-12 | 584 students
2945 Alpine Road
Columbia, SC 29223
(803) 782-2814 9.7 7-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.