Pines Christian- The
5.00 (4 reviews)
- The Pines Christian School is a non-profit organization devoted to the education of elementary children.
- We offer a quality, Christian education at a reasonable price.
- Our facilities have a camp-like atmosphere. Kids love playing in our modern playgrounds.
- Our Chapel is very comfortable whether we have a guest speaker or are watching a Christian video on our 10-foot theatre screen.
- Because many of our students spend 50 hours or more on campus each week, we designed our facilities to be comfortable.
- Students find their stay at The Pines both fun and memorable.
- Our program is designed for today's families. Busy parents do not have a lot of free time to spend preparing lunches, doing homework or driving to gymnastic or karate lessons.
- The Pines understands this and has designed its programs to accommodate working parents.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||109 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harbor City Grades: K-12 | 52 students
25500 S. Vermont Avenue
Harbor City, CA 90710
(310)534-0260 1 K-12
- Rancho Palos Verdes Grades: PK-8 | 262 students
28850 S Western Ave
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(310)831-0848 2.7 PK-8
- Rancho Palos Verdes Grades: K-8 | 211 students
5446 Crest Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(310)377-2800 4.2 K-8
- Torrance Grades: K-8 | 169 students
4400 Del Amo Blvd
Torrance, CA 90503
(310)370-6215 4.7 K-8
If you are looking for a school, please come and visit us. We would love to have the opportunity to show you what makes our school unique. We are open year-round from 6am-6pm daily. We are closed only 9 days per year and offer complimentary meals and snacks. We have designed our program to fit the needs of busy families, like yours. Hope to see you!!!
- Posted by Administrator - Mr. Troy
My kids graduated from Pines Christian School. They received an excellent education at Pines and transitioned nicely into middle school. There are plenty of good things to say about the school, but one notable thing is their consistency. Many of the teachers and staff have been there for literally decades. They have an extremely solid foundation in both staff and academics that has stood the test of time. Thank you Pines Christian School for the wonderful impact you have made on our family!
- Posted by Parent - Pablo
This is the perfect place for a family who has parents that LOVE their children and are also consumed with careers. This school is safe, warm and holistic. The staff at this school care about the students and they are professional. This is a very loving and safe environment for kindergarteners. My children learned how to read here, in Ms. Pat's class, and that in itself is amazing! Worth every dollar spent.
- Posted by Parent - rwaig
All four of my children have gone to Pines, ( two still do) and I am pleased with the results of their time there. The staff is fabulous. They know my kids by name, and treat them like family. The education that they have received has put them at the top of the class when they promoted from 5th grade to middle school, and their way of teaching the whole child instead of just academics is amazing. I love the fact my kids can take piano, and karate at the school, and they offer other things as well. My kids love to go there and hang out on Fridays with their "Kids night out" (Really parents night out :) ) All in all, I highly recommend The Pines!
- Posted by Parent - momo2
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.