Carson Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Carson Christian School Photo #2 - A beautiful chapel is used for morning assembly to congratulate students on the previous day's achievement. It is also used for Christian devotions on Wednesdays.
Carson Christian School Photo #3 - Our campus includes a full basketball court and colorful, safe, padded playground.
Carson Christian School Photo #4 - Teacher, Dr. Ralph Bender, tutors students one-on-one to assure mastery of the principles of Science. Subjects included are: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science, Earth Science, and Life Science.
- Carson Christian School, established in 1983, has been one of the most successful schools in the Southland.
- Because of the self-motivating aspect of the curriculum and the dedication of the staff, the students have made headlines, and have graduated from High School as much as 3 years early.
- It is a self-paced, individualized program, allowing for students to work at their own pace without being in competition with each other.
- From kindergarten through twelfth grade, our "no fail" system facilitates true mastery of the subject material, rather than social promotions.
- Emphasis is placed on Phonics in the primary levels, producing an excellent turnout of readers.
- Whether gifted, average or below average, each student is able to greatly benefit from the curriculum.
- Truly there is "no child left behind" in our individualized program.
- Our curriculum meets all of the CSU system's requirements and exceeds the State of California's requirements for graduation.
- Many of our students have been accepted by both state and private colleges and universities. Calif. State University at Dominguez Hills is the leader because of its close proximity to the community that we serve.
- We have also had students accepted at Cal. State Long Beach, Northridge, Santa Barbara, Fresno, and USC, as well as others.
- Carson Christian School does what no public/charter school can - teach Biblical principles. Our school is accredited, affordable, and bully-free!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Navy pants or jeans and white polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition starts at $495.00 per month for Elementary grades. Please call for tuition rates for Middle School and High School.|
|Admissions Director||Marian Alexander|
|Admissions Associate||Candise Mitchell|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
Flag Football, Tennis,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gardena Grades: 1-11 | 19 students
16219 S Western Avenue
Gardena, CA 90247
(310)532-4850 3.7 1-11
Carson Christian School was a blessing to my son who was struggling with Algebra. He was helped one-on-one and had a breakthrough. Math became one of his strongest subjects and he is now a college graduate with a degree in engineering, and is a professional registered civil engineer. I can't say enough good about Carson Christian. Their teachers care, and some of them even have doctor's degrees. It's a good investment.
- Posted by Parent - talex
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.