Playmates Learning Center
- Playmates Learning Center offers an environment where children can "learn through play".
- Our emphasis is on the development of the whole child through socialization with his peer group.
- It is our belief that the abilities to read, write, and process numbers will be a natural consequence of an interest and excitement about projects which have meaning to their daily lives.
- We will explore the world around us through field trips and nature walks.
- We will learn to observe simple processes around us such as measuring through pouring of liquids, addition and subtraction through block building, writing through describing pictures, vocabulary development through meaningful conversations and reading through storytelling and thoughtful discussion.
- We believe that skills are more easily obtained in a friendly atmosphere where there is respect of the child and encouragement of his attempts to learn and praise for his or her achievements.
- Research has shown that a child with well-developed social skills will have greater growth in his/her intellectual development.
- We recognize that all conversations with children about meaningful aspects of their lives will encourage brain growth and increased cognitive development.
- We will provide opportunities for interaction, active rather than passive activities and opportunities for each child's self-interest.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.