5.00 (4 reviews)
- Our Vision is to prepare a diverse and talented population of young people to participate confidently and responsibly in an increasingly complex society, by providing a rigorous educational experience where thinking is valued, positive attitude is appreciated, and upstanding character is promoted. We seek to develop students who demonstrate self-confidence, enthusiasm for learning, a sense of purpose, and a commitment to service for others, in an environment that is sensitive to the uniqueness of the individual, as well as to the requirements of the world community to which they are becoming contributing citizens. Hampstead Academy endeavors to nurture each student's unique strengths - intellectually, socially, physically, and creatively within the framework of a familial atmosphere of civility, competence, and caring.
- It strives to develop students capable of uniting academic excellence with cooperation, social awareness with responsibility, physical prowess with respect, creativity with dignity.
- While valuing traditions of the past, the school welcomes and implements meaningful change with a curriculum that balances established methods with innovative and forward-thinking programs. STEAM-based course content and methodology build upon individual uniqueness in learning style, family background, life experiences, and personal intelligences.
- A confluence of individualized programming and group learning results in the development of the whole child.
- Cooperative projects, parent involvement, and community service afford opportunities for students to share their learning experiences via the development of an outer-directed sensitivity to other peoples and cultures.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||103 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 12%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average Percentile SSAT||90%|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Clean, comfortable, non-revealing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,500|
|Tuition Notes||Available on website under Admissions. Tuition varies depending on grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lyn Kutzelman|
|Admissions Associate||Bonnie Roberts|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Freestyle Skiing, Golf,
Indoor Soccer, Snowboarding,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chinese, Coding Club, Destination Imagination, Drama, Latin, Lego League, Math Club, Robotics, Rocketry Club, Spanish Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Instrument Lessons, Orchestra, Voice Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Golf, Intramural Sports, Running Club, Skiing/Snowboarding, Volleyball Clu
- "Educating the Whole Child"Founded1978Original nameAtkinson Learning CenterGradesPre-K through Number of students125Boys / Girls50% / 50%New Hampshire towns represented22Massachusetts towns represented10MascotHusky
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- StrathamGrades: NS-8 | 178 students
146 High St
Stratham, NH 03885
- GrotonGrades: 9-12 | 392 students
Po Box 992, 44 Main Street
Groton, MA 01450
- AmesburyGrades: PK-12 | 152 students
4 Noel St.
Amesbury, MA 01913
- AndoverGrades: PK-9 | 438 students
34 Sunset Rock Road
Andover, MA 01810
My daughter has been a student at Hampstead Academy for 6 years. We wanted a school with small class sizes, a strong enrichment program, and a caring and supportive environment. Our first tour of the school confirmed what we were searching for. Each teacher, from primary to the specials, has helped my daughter to explore outside her comfort zone and she is thriving. It is a wonderful community to be part of.
- Posted by Parent - ssmah
Our children have attended Hampstead Academy for years and we could not be happier with the education and the community that is HA. Hampstead Academy truly does focus on the whole experience for your child, not just academically but socially and emotionally as well. The teachers are amazing, intelligent, dedicated, caring people who have always made us feel as though they are wholly invested in our children's education and growth. As most parents will tell you, every child is different and has different needs, including our boys. It amazes us how well HA has been able to tailor the education that our children have received to help both boys learn and grow in their own way. It is a wonderful school with amazing opportunities, advanced technology and a ver caring staff. We feel very lucky to have found HA.
- Posted by Parent - Apmsa
We are absolutely in love with Hampstead Academy. We have two daughters, currently in first grade and Kindergarten. They adore their teachers and the environment is so loving and supportive. I love the whole child model and the fact that everyone is on their own path is totally acceptable at HA, which we appreciate. We love the smaller class sizes and the individual attention our girls get. We also really love the science, arts and maker space programs. One of the very best things aside from the staff and programs are the families that attend this school. Wonderful parents and just really great kids. We moved from out of state back to New England and could have lived anywhere due to my husband's job, we toured many schools but Hampstead Academy stood out. We know we made the right choice.
- Posted by Parent - Young
May daughter has attended Hampstead Academy since kindergarten. Each year and teacher has been a positive experience. The teachers take the time to get to know all the students. The curriculum is challenging and exciting. The maker space was a great addition to the school this year. The schools offers many extra-curricular activties, sports, drama, Mad Science, Lego League and Destination Imagination to name a few. My daughter goes to school each day excited to learn.
- Posted by Parent - jrdel
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.