5.00 (4 reviews)
Hampstead Academy Photo #2 - Hampstead Academy is a private, independent school located in southern New Hampshire. The school provides excellence in education and promotes the establishment of sound character in a secure environment where learning is valued and life is revered. At Hampstead Academy, students not only learn basic skills, they explore ideas and develop higher level thinking skills that produce positive results.
Hampstead Academy Photo #3 - Students love learning at Hampstead Academy, where Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math skills are integrated across the grades and throughout the curriculum.
Hampstead Academy Photo #4 - Hampstead Academy nurtures each student's unique strengths - intellectually, socially, physically, and creatively within the framework of a familial atmosphere of civility, competence, and caring.
Hampstead Academy Photo #5 - Hampstead Academy develops students capable of uniting academic excellence with cooperation, social awareness with responsibility, physical prowess with respect, creativity with dignity.
Hampstead Academy Photo #6 - The STEAM Labs house the art studio, science lab, MakerSpace, computer lab, and math classroom. All students learn in this space, from our youngest to our oldest.
Hampstead Academy Photo #7 - Our thematic, experiential, child-centered play approach to education provides opportunities for all students to think creatively, solve problems, work cooperatively, and to be active decision-makers in their learning.
Hampstead Academy Photo #8 - Students begin learning Spanish and Chinese in Pre-Kindergarten and elementary grades through song, fingerplays, and fun activities like puppet shows.
Hampstead Academy Photo #9 - Art is infused into the curriculum. Students in the upper grades create beautiful works using traditional and modern methods.
- Thanks for your interest in Hampstead Academy. Our mission is to inspire students to achieve their highest academic potential by recognizing individual talents. Our caring community fosters creative thinking and builds character and confidence through teamwork and service to others. Hampstead Academy celebrates each child's passion for learning while preparing them to become responsible global citizens. Children love learning at Hampstead Academy. Our commitment to educating the whole child means that each child experiences a deep and varied curriculum as well as rich artistic and academic experiences that stimulate awe and wonder and promote deep learning. Our curriculum is broad and comprehensive and immerses students deeply in subjects that engage them in enthusiastic and well-balanced learning.
- Our integrated, hands-on approach to Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics develops twenty-first-century skills and builds capacities to meet the demands of an ever-changing world.
- Beyond core academics, the school day challenges students to think creatively and work collaboratively through enrichment activities in robotics, performing arts, and world languages.
Hampstead Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average Percentile SSAT||90%|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Uniform. Khaki bottoms, blue or gray polo. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|Tuition Notes||Available on website under Admissions. Tuition varies depending on grade level. https://www.hampsteadacademy.org/Page/63|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Liane Odom|
|Admissions Associate||Bonnie Roberts|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chinese, Coding Club, Destination Imagination, Drama, Lego League, Math Club, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Instrument Lessons, Voice Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Hampstead Academy, one of the best private schools in NH, provides an environment in which children learn at their own pace within the context of a safe and nurturing environment. Each child`s inherent love of learning is encouraged by providing the opportunity to be independent, self-directed, and to engage in meaningful activities under the guidance of a caring, certified teacher. Through their learning children develop concentration, motivation, persistence, discipline, and harmony.
- At Hampstead Academy your child will not receive an education, they will create and experience their education. Our small, multi-grade classrooms offer students the multitude of benefits that come from being recognized and respected as an individual learner. Our integrated, preparatory, experiential approach to learning science, technology, engineering, arts, math, and a robust liberal arts curriculum develops 21st-century skills and builds capacities to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
- Boutique Learning Environment
- Our approach to student groupings is based on research on how children learn best. We offer very small classes of five to twelve children in a multi-grade setting. Children love learning at Hampstead Academy because they learn at their own pace, thrive in an atmosphere dedicated to their needs, and are viewed as individuals rather than grouped within a classroom of "age-appropriate" teachings. Our classes are small and personalized, and we promise to keep it that way.
- Course Content Builds Upon Individual Uniqueness
- At Hampstead Academy, our very small classes mean that each child gets noticed! In a very small class, it is impossible for students to hide and get left behind. Having fewer students means that each child gets the attention they need from their teacher. Children of all ages are expected to take part in discussions and encouraged to express their opinions. Best practices mean that each child is learning to his/her fullest potential.
- Not only do students learn more in small classes, but they also learn faster and more genuinely. This means the class progresses through the course material more quickly. Learning is enhanced by the confidence that students develop. All children are encouraged to share their opinions and ask and answer questions, which also benefits their peers through the sharing of knowledge. Learning is further enhanced when teachers and students interact spontaneously in the classroom.
- With fewer students per class, children can connect more closely with their peers and become more confident and comfortable when sharing their ideas and perspectives. These genuine connections lead to lasting friendships. At Hampstead Academy, students will respect and connect with peers who are from different cultures and backgrounds a skill that is very important in the globalized 21st-century world.
- In very small, multi-grade classrooms, teachers can tailor learning to students` different learning styles and ensure that they stay engaged and understand what is being taught. Teachers have more time to individualize their feedback, ensuring that each child understands the material, can get the help they need and can reach his or her potential. Students and teachers at Hampstead Academy often work together one-on-one, which gives teachers the opportunity to customize instruction and guidance, and students receive their teachers` undivided attention.
- With fewer students in a class, there is more time for each child to share their own ideas, express their opinions and describe their perspectives. They can really investigate where these ideas come from and enrich their personal understanding.
- Benefits of Multi-Grade Classes
- One of the biggest advantages for students of multi-grade classrooms is learning at their own pace. Children are not held to a strict curriculum that may be too advanced or too easy for their learning. They are challenged where they are, with individualized and personalized learning. Every single child within a multi-grade classroom is viewed as a unique individual. As each child is developing their strengths, their teachers consistently monitor their needs and move forward with in-depth and complex open-ended STEAM activities. Achievement and learning are not confined by age-specific curriculums, each child learns at their own level according to their ability rather than their grade. Teachers work individually with students and with groups of children with similar abilities regardless of age. This gives children both individual and group time to grow.
- Increased confidence comes with self-direction and achieving goals. Children in multi-grade classes gain a sense of ownership with each achievement. There is no comparison with their peers because of their individual learning schedules. This creates a space of continued accomplishment. With continued progress, a child becomes more positive and self-willing about school.
- Hampstead Academy: Where You Can Be You
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stratham Grades: Inquire with school | 214 students
146 High St
Stratham, NH 03885
(603)772-4349 18 Inquire with school
- Amesbury Grades: PK-12 | 152 students
4 Noel St.
Amesbury, MA 01913
(978)388-5354 12.2 PK-12
- Andover Grades: PK-9 | 439 students
34 Sunset Rock Road
Andover, MA 01810
(978)475-1197 16.4 PK-9
My daughter has been a student at Hampstead Academy for 6 years. We wanted a school with small class sizes, a strong enrichment program, and a caring and supportive environment. Our first tour of the school confirmed what we were searching for. Each teacher, from primary to the specials, has helped my daughter to explore outside her comfort zone and she is thriving. It is a wonderful community to be part of.
- Posted by Parent - ssmah
Our children have attended Hampstead Academy for years and we could not be happier with the education and the community that is HA. Hampstead Academy truly does focus on the whole experience for your child, not just academically but socially and emotionally as well. The teachers are amazing, intelligent, dedicated, caring people who have always made us feel as though they are wholly invested in our children's education and growth. As most parents will tell you, every child is different and has different needs, including our boys. It amazes us how well HA has been able to tailor the education that our children have received to help both boys learn and grow in their own way. It is a wonderful school with amazing opportunities, advanced technology and a ver caring staff. We feel very lucky to have found HA.
- Posted by Parent - Apmsa
We are absolutely in love with Hampstead Academy. We have two daughters, currently in first grade and Kindergarten. They adore their teachers and the environment is so loving and supportive. I love the whole child model and the fact that everyone is on their own path is totally acceptable at HA, which we appreciate. We love the smaller class sizes and the individual attention our girls get. We also really love the science, arts and maker space programs. One of the very best things aside from the staff and programs are the families that attend this school. Wonderful parents and just really great kids. We moved from out of state back to New England and could have lived anywhere due to my husband's job, we toured many schools but Hampstead Academy stood out. We know we made the right choice.
- Posted by Parent - Young
May daughter has attended Hampstead Academy since kindergarten. Each year and teacher has been a positive experience. The teachers take the time to get to know all the students. The curriculum is challenging and exciting. The maker space was a great addition to the school this year. The schools offers many extra-curricular activties, sports, drama, Mad Science, Lego League and Destination Imagination to name a few. My daughter goes to school each day excited to learn.
- Posted by Parent - jrdel
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.