5.00 (2 reviews)
Students at Heronfield Academy study the arts every day as part of the core curriculum, rotating through music, drama, and visual arts classes.
- Heronfield`s program is geared for middle school children where the importance of the whole child is incorporated into all aspects of the curriculum.
- Heronfield is a school where academics are strong and where there is an emphasis on balance in a busy life.
- Heronfield is a middle school by design not attached to an elementary school or high school.
- This enables us to place our entire focus on the middle school years.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared shirts, jeans, khakis, sneakers accepted.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / May. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,000|
|Tuition Notes||There is financial aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ann F. Reis|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||and Jazz Combo, Chamber Music Ensemble, Chorus, Jazz Band, Jazz Choi|
- Heronfield Academy, located in bucolic Hampton Falls, NH, is dedicated to nurturing and teaching middle school students. An independent school by design, Heronfield builds on the joy of learning while helping students to discover their moral compass. The community adheres to the key concepts of honesty, respect, diligence, celebration, and caring. With small classes taught by inspired educators, students are held to high academic standards in all core curriculum subjects including mathematics, science, history, English, drama, music, visual arts, Spanish, health, and physical education. Heronfield reinforces a deeper understanding of the value of interdisciplinary work. Teachers partner to plan curricula, setting the stage for students to collaborate and learn together.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HamptonGrades: PK-8 | 231 students
289 Lafayette Rd
Hampton, NH 03842
- DoverGrades: PK-8 | 368 students
222 Central Ave
Dover, NH 03820
- PortsmouthGrades: PK-8 | 173 students
125 Austin St
Portsmouth, NH 03801
- StrathamGrades: NS-8 | 178 students
146 High St
Stratham, NH 03885
- RyeGrades: 3-12 | 60 students
1247 Washington Rd.
Rye, NH 03870
Heronfield Academy has managed to create the most loving, nurturing environment that anyone could ever imagine. They teach students how to reach outside of their comfort zones but still feel as if they're in a safe environment. The teachers are all incredibly intelligent and teach all students to be curious about the subject they're learning. Every student treats one another as not only a peer but a member of their family as well. Heronfield is a truly special place.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Daisy
This school is spectacular- words cant describe how amazing it is. The teachers are incredibly serious in their job, but manage to make it fun and easy to comprehend. It is a very challenging school, but that just makes you want to work harder and become the best that you can be! The students there are great too! Extremely kind, and welcoming. No cliques like the average public school, nobody cares about popularity or anything like that. Just pure friendship. The after school activities are as well stellar. There are tons of music groups, which are truly best of the best. The sports are fun and including, track, cross country, basketball, dance team (my favorite!), etc. There is also a lot of clubs, and you can start your own club too! The fact that the lunches are extra long, there is break, study hall during and after school, just makes this school even better. If you are looking into this school- just know its amazing. Couldn't have anything better than Heronfield Academy. Oh- and before I forget- this school also serves not only New Hampshire, but Massachusetts and Maine as well.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - littl
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.