Pleasant Hill Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Pleasant Hill Christian School serve Transitional-Kindergarten through 6th grade students with small class sizes.
- Students are taught in the tradition of the historical one room schoolhouse where individual learning is emphasized and social interaction between various grade levels is part of the daily routine.
- As a result of a favorable student to teacher ratio, all students are challenged in accordance with their individual abilities and encouraged to develop personal potentials to the maximum. Individual, small group, and whole class learning activities are all utilized to accomplish these objectives.
- The purpose of the educational program is the development of the whole child.
- Emphasis is placed on reading, math, language skills, history and science, as well as the arts and physical fitness.
- There is a daily emphasis on Christian character traits, Bible memory work and music.
- All students are challenged in accordance with their individual abilities and encouraged to develop personal potentials to the maximum. Respect for teachers, classmates and elders is expected.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,522|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aide Available|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dennis Bolt|
|Admissions Associate||Adria Poole|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Handbells, Music, Technology
- Pleasant Hill Christian School began in the summer of 1982 as a result of the vision of two experienced and credentialed teachers. It was their desire to provide children with a challenging and exciting atmosphere for acquiring knowledge that would be conducive to the development of Christian character and spiritual development.As you read through our website, you will begin to understand what makes our school distinctive: an intimate, family-friendly environment where students are nurtured and challenged to develop their God-given gifts through a quality classical academic program. Additionally, it is our desire that each child develop his/her abilities to the fullest, not only academically, but also in character. We welcome families from all backgrounds who have a desire for individualized attention from the private school setting.Pleasant Hill students are engaged in a community where life-long learning is modeled by our faculty. Because our students are participants rather than spectators, leadership opportunities abound.PHCS is an outreach ministry of Occidental Community Church** with its own Board of Trustees, consisting of men and women dedicated to the concept of Christian education.PHCS is a dues-paying member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). The Association, in return, offers legal assistance, teacher and administrative conventions and curriculum resources.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sebastopol Grades: 9-12 | 44 students
1800 GRAVENSTEIN HWY
Sebastopol, CA 95472
(707)634-9944 1.7 9-12
- Sebastopol Grades: K-12 | 46 students
438 Eddie Lane
Sebastopol, CA 95472
(707)829-1366 2.2 K-12
- Sebastopol Grades: K-12 | 18 students
9360 Occidental Rd
Sebastopol, CA 95472
(707)824-1414 3.6 K-12
- Graton Grades: K-12 | 33 students
8877 Donald St
Graton, CA 95444
(707)823-2880 4.3 K-12
- Santa Rosa Grades: PK-12 | 374 students
655 Willowside Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
(707)575-7194 4.8 PK-12
As the brand new principal (2017-2018), I am so pleased to join this amazing community of teachers, parents, and students! Pleasant Hill Christian School is an oasis for whole-hearted education in Sebastopol! I have served in many elementary schools in the area and this is my first as principal at PHCS. I can tell you that If you desire for your children to have a delightful childhood, you have found your elementary school! Teachers are kind-hearted, highly qualified, love children and the Lord, most importantly! With enrichments like music, art, PE, computers, and Spanish, students are given a rich foundation for lifelong learning. This is the kind of school I want for my grandchildren!
- Posted by Administrator - Beth See
I am a parent and volunteer at PHCS. I have three boys in the pre-school through 5th grade and we love this school. It is a small school with teachers with decades of experience, which makes it feel like a loving, homey environment, while offering the kinds of extra things you want in a school: art, music/drama, speaking skills, science, spanish and PE. It has some real strong programs that most other local schools do not offer like National History Day participation, community involvement, outdoor education field trips, animals and gardening in the classroom and LOTS of parent interaction with the daily lives of the students. We home-schooled and did public school for a bit, but this is just the perfect blend.
- Posted by Parent - dpbol
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.