Portland Christian School - Portland Avenue Campus
5.00 (1 review)
- Portland Christian School is not a substitute for the Christian home or Christian parents or congregational activity, but is a supplement.
- We believe education concerns the whole nature of man--body, mind and spirit.
- To educate and train this mind and this body to the neglect of the spiritual nature is the sad weakness of public education.
- It is in man's spiritual nature that he is most like or unlike God who created him to be in His image.
- The greatest tool in the hands of man for the education of his spirit is the Bible.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||K-6 $3300 7-8 $4800 9-12 $5100|
|Admissions Director||Jodell Seay|
|Admissions Associate||Susan Brangers|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
- People that viewed Portland Christian School - Portland Avenue Campus also viewed these schools: Academy For Individual Excellence, Christian Academy Of Louisville - Southwest Campus, Christian Academy Of Louisville (Christian Academy School System), The de Paul School and Emma L Minnis Junior Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Louisville Grades: PK-8
8307 St. Andrews Church Road
Louisville, KY 40258
(502)447-6500 9.1 PK-8
- Louisville Grades: PK-12 | 2382 students
700 S English Station Road
Louisville, KY 40245
(502)753-4590 15.8 PK-12
- Louisville Grades: K-8 | 216 students
1925 Duker Ave
Louisville, KY 40205
(502)459-6131 5.3 K-8
- Louisville Grades: PK-8 | 25 students
1939 Magazine Street
Louisville, KY 40203
(502)774-2108 1.4 PK-8
1952-1956, I attended grades 9-12, my son attended 11th and 12th grades - 1978-1980. I served as a member of the Portland Christian School Board from 1988 to present (2016). I taught math, directed adult programs, and served as the corporation's business manger in public education during a 34 year period - 1961 thru 1995. I then became the administrator of the Portland Christian Schools for 7 years, 1995-2002. Students that have attended Portland Christian have in general received a better education than those that have attended public schools (special education classes were not available at Portland Christian, but advanced placement classes were available).
- Posted by Student/Alumni - piejr
Nearby Homes for Sale
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.