Portland Christian School - Portland Avenue Campus
5.00 (1 review)
- Portland Christian School is not a substitute for the Christian home or Christian parents or congregational activity, but is a supplement.
- We believe education concerns the whole nature of man--body, mind and spirit.
- To educate and train this mind and this body to the neglect of the spiritual nature is the sad weakness of public education.
- It is in man's spiritual nature that he is most like or unlike God who created him to be in His image.
- The greatest tool in the hands of man for the education of his spirit is the Bible.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||K-6 $3300 7-8 $4800 9-12 $5100|
|Admissions Director||Jodell Seay|
|Admissions Associate||Susan Brangers|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
- People that viewed Portland Christian School - Portland Avenue Campus also viewed these schools: Academy For Individual Excellence, Christian Academy Of Louisville - Southwest Campus, Chance School, Christian Academy Of Louisville (Christian Academy School System) and The de Paul School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Louisville Grades: PK-8
8307 St. Andrews Church Road
Louisville, KY 40258
(502)447-6500 9.1 PK-8
- Louisville Grades: NS-5 | 251 students
4200 Lime Kiln Lane
Louisville, KY 40222
(502)425-6904 8.3 NS-5
- Louisville Grades: PK-12 | 2382 students
700 S English Station Road
Louisville, KY 40245
(502)753-4590 15.8 PK-12
- Louisville Grades: K-8 | 160 students
1925 Duker Ave
Louisville, KY 40205
(502)459-6131 5.3 K-8
1952-1956, I attended grades 9-12, my son attended 11th and 12th grades - 1978-1980. I served as a member of the Portland Christian School Board from 1988 to present (2016). I taught math, directed adult programs, and served as the corporation's business manger in public education during a 34 year period - 1961 thru 1995. I then became the administrator of the Portland Christian Schools for 7 years, 1995-2002. Students that have attended Portland Christian have in general received a better education than those that have attended public schools (special education classes were not available at Portland Christian, but advanced placement classes were available).
- Posted by Student/Alumni - piejr
Nearby Homes for Sale
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.