PRAIRIE HILL Learning Center
- Nebraska's First Wind and Solar Powered School Strawbale construction Elementary school
- Environmental Summer Day Camp Program open to the public
PRAIRIE HILL Learning Center places among the top 20% of private schools in Nebraska for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||104 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Weather-appropriate clothing for farm environment)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$776|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on the program selected. Please visit www.prairiehill.com for fee and financial policy information.|
|Admissions Director||Jordan Hope|
|Admissions Associate||Justin Fearing|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
- MISSION STATEMENT: PRAIRIE HILL Learning Center is a non-profit corporation formed in 1981 for the purpose of offering education in a historic indoor and a country outdoor environment, with an emphasis on meeting the individual and communal developmental needs of each person.
- PRAIRIE HILL Learning Center, a Montessori farm-school, is also Nebraska's first wind and solar powered school. The campus consists of 12 acres of unspoiled prairie, woods, and park-like areas.
- Our Elementary community is housed in a unique, straw-bale construction building, powered by alternative energy sources.
- The Primary program for ages 3-6 takes place in the William Charlton House of the National Historic Registry.
- We offer our students integrated experiences in music, art, gardening, and animal husbandry (horses, ducks, cats, chickens-) presented by Montessori-certified teachers. The children, along with an experienced adult guide, prepare fresh, vegetarian meals daily. PRAIRIE HILL has a 38-year history of environmental education and a commitment to the highest Montessori standards. Please visit our website: www.prairiehill.com.
Gardening and Ecology: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zg3q9WqHco
Democracy in Action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0eSeIgmamE
The Great Lessons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmyIIbKc-kc
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alliance Grades: PK-8 | 136 students
1104 Cheyenne Ave
Alliance, NE 69301
(308) 762-2315 335.2 PK-8
- Bellevue Grades: K-8 | 102 students
1400 Harvell Drive
Bellevue, NE 68005
(402) 898-4222 54.1 K-8
- Bellevue Grades: PK-12 | 334 students
3704 370 Plaza
Bellevue, NE 68123
(402) 292-1030 51.3 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.