Preschool Of The Arts-tolland
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Preschool of the Arts, Inc. is an educational child care facility with a school in Ellington and one in Tolland, Connecticut.
- PSA is licensed by the State of Connecticut and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- They are both centrally located in each community. At both schools, children are bused to and from all public schools in the town at no extra charge to the parents.
- We pride ourselves in serving families in the surrounding communities by providing quality child care while delivering a rich curriculum for preschoolers through early elementary school with emphasis on the arts.
- The children in our schools are happy to be there and are always discovering new things about the world around them.
- They have music every day, frequently with a music specialist.
- Art projects are done several times during the day and we are just instituting a creative movement/dance program once a week taught by a professional dance educator.
- In addition to the arts, there is a strong emphasis on quality children's literature and discovery a year where the children share with their families some of the things they have been learning in the performing arts in addition to having some of their visual art on display.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||44:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ellington Grades: K-2 | 59 students
20 Church St
Ellington, CT 06029
(860)871-7332 5.3 K-2
- Glastonbury Grades: NS-K | 161 students
208 Eastern Boulevard
Glastonbury, CT 06033
(860)633-8600 15.1 NS-K
- Hartford Grades: PK | 87 students
120 Holcomb St
Hartford, CT 06112
(860)769-3851 17.4 PK
- Manchester Grades: NS | 33 students
645 Birch Mountain Rd
Manchester, CT 06040
(860)649-2067 9.8 NS
My son is one, and he's in the toddler program. I feel safe and comfortable with him there because of how great the staff is. The facility is kept maintained by the great staff and they really do an amazing job.
- Posted by Parent - ashle
There is a great program in place here with a good curriculum to help the kids learn and actually enjoy it! The teachers are great and my son has grown so much since he started going here.
- Posted by Parent - hinor
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.