Windsor Montessori School
- Windsor Montessori School is a Town of Windsor school which began in 1986.
- The school is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society and maintains National Accreditation from the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs.
- The student body ranges from age 18 months through 6 years.
- One toddler class and four primary classes occupy the Milo W. Peck Child Development Center Facility.
- The classrooms offer a carefully planned environment that provide a variety of educational experiences for toddler, preschool and kindergarten children.
- A prepared environment and hands-on educational materials are provided to take advantage of what children are naturally capable of learning.
- The aim is to develop curiosity, love of learning, respect for self, others and the environment while exposing the child to a wide variety of ideas and activities.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hartford Grades: PK | 87 students
120 Holcomb St
Hartford, CT 06112
(860)769-3851 5.2 PK
- Windsor Grades: PK-8 | 195 students
77 Bloomfield Avenue
Windsor, CT 06095
(860)688-6401 0.7 PK-8
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.