Windsor Montessori School
Tel: (860) 285-1420
- Windsor Montessori School is a Town of Windsor school which began in 1986.
- The school is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society and maintains National Accreditation from the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs.
- The student body ranges from age 18 months through 6 years.
- One toddler class and four primary classes occupy the Milo W. Peck Child Development Center Facility.
- The classrooms offer a carefully planned environment that provide a variety of educational experiences for toddler, preschool and kindergarten children.
- A prepared environment and hands-on educational materials are provided to take advantage of what children are naturally capable of learning.
- The aim is to develop curiosity, love of learning, respect for self, others and the environment while exposing the child to a wide variety of ideas and activities.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hartford Grades: PK-12 | 113 students
120 Holcomb St
Hartford, CT 06112
(860) 769-3860 5.2 PK-12
- Windsor Grades: PK-8 | 195 students
77 Bloomfield Avenue
Windsor, CT 06095
(860) 688-6401 0.7 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.