Birch Mountain Day School
Tel: (860) 649-2067
- Birch Mountain Day School was founded based on the need for a quality educational program for young children.
- We believe that what we offer is the best combination of education and child care.
- Our philosophy is that children come first. Our curriculum is based on developmentally appropriate practices using the language arts, sciences, mathematics, music, dramatic play and gross motor skills.
- Our experienced staff has the talent and education to meet the individual needs of your child.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ellington Grades: K-2 | 59 students
20 Church St
Ellington, CT 06029
(860) 871-7332 11.5 K-2
- Glastonbury Grades: NS-K | 161 students
208 Eastern Boulevard
Glastonbury, CT 06033
(860) 633-8600 6.4 NS-K
- Hartford Grades: PK-12 | 113 students
120 Holcomb St
Hartford, CT 06112
(860) 769-3860 12.1 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.