Birch Mountain Day School
- Birch Mountain Day School was founded based on the need for a quality educational program for young children.
- We believe that what we offer is the best combination of education and child care.
- Our philosophy is that children come first. Our curriculum is based on developmentally appropriate practices using the language arts, sciences, mathematics, music, dramatic play and gross motor skills.
- Our experienced staff has the talent and education to meet the individual needs of your child.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ellington Grades: K-2 | 59 students
20 Church St
Ellington, CT 06029
(860)871-7332 11.5 K-2
- Glastonbury Grades: NS-K | 161 students
208 Eastern Boulevard
Glastonbury, CT 06033
(860)633-8600 6.4 NS-K
- Hartford Grades: PK | 87 students
120 Holcomb St
Hartford, CT 06112
(860)769-3851 12.1 PK
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.