Queen Anne Community School
- At Young Child Academy, we strive to provide a balanced environment conducive to the emotional, physical and intellectual development of infants and young children.
- We value all children and strive to respect their unique capabilities and potential.
- We serve children regardless of gender, creed, ethnicity, disability, family status, socio-economic class, age or sexual orientation of guardians.
- We value the family-school connection and realize optimal growth is achievable when a true partnership exists between family and school.
- Young Child Academy promotes optimal learning by providing a balanced curriculum in a supportive, safe environment.
- We utilize different approaches so as to engage learners of varying abilities.
- We promote emergent literacy by incorporating a literature-based program with a strong phonetic basis.
- Daily Spanish classes expose young children to foreign language at a time when they are most receptive.
- We value the performing arts and realize their significant role in brain development and the nurturing of creativity.
- We incorporate weekly classes in drama, dance, art, yoga and piano.
- We therefore, hope to develop a child's awareness and appreciation for the visual and performing arts.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 4-8 | 11 students
520 Denny Way
Seattle, WA 98109
(206)209-0950 0.4 4-8
- Seattle Grades: 1-9 | 90 students
901 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121
(206)709-9500 0.7 1-9
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 259 students
101 W Lee St
Seattle, WA 98119
(206)282-3538 0.7 PK-8
- Seattle Grades: K-5 | 103 students
914 Virginia Street
Seattle, WA 98101
(206)621-9211 0.8 K-5
- Seattle Grades: NS-PK
1827 8th Ave
Seattle, WA 98101
(206)903-1103 0.9 NS-PK
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.