Academy For Precision Learning
Tel: (206) 427-0115
- Academy for Precision Learning (APL) is an inclusive K-12 school serving students across the autisum spectrum with their typically developing peers in an academically challenging and socially vibriant enviroment. The mission of APL is to transform childrens` lives through small daily moments that, taken together, create an unrivaled educational experience that is rigorous and demanding, yet joyful and rewarding.
- "APL has helped my son regain his self confidence and improve his self esteem." -APL parent.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Extended School Year program runs in July and August. Clinical services available.|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Cost depends on grade level tuition and clinical services, if any, provided.|
|Admissions Director||Anne Riley|
- Every "small moment" is achieved through intensive and exhaustive planning and preparation by our professional staff. All children are welcomed as equal participants in the classroom and encouraged as members of their peer group. Then, teachers engage students in lessons that are either created from scratch or adapted from a curriculum to be both accessible and meaningful. Finally, teachers measure progress in an individualized manner so that every student`s performance is given worthwhile context in their overall progress as a learner. In this way, students with autism, ADHD, anxiety, learning disabilities, students who are highly achieving, and students with no diagnosis at all can participate together in their home classroom. This is how we define and enact inclusion in our school not after the fact, but instead by creating it from the ground up, as classrooms and lessons are being developed in the first place.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 1-9 | 90 students
901 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121
(206) 709-9500 0.8 1-9
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.