Academy For Precision Learning
Tel: (206) 427-0115
Academy for Precision Learning (APL) is an inclusive K-12 school serving students across the autisum spectrum with their typically developing peers in an academically challenging and socially vibriant enviroment. The mission of APL is to transform childrens` lives through small daily moments that, taken together, create an unrivaled educational experience that is rigorous and demanding, yet joyful and rewarding.
"APL has helped my son regain his self confidence and improve his self esteem." -APL parent.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Extended School Year program runs in July and August. Clinical services available.|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Cost depends on grade level tuition and clinical services, if any, provided. Discount for more than one student in same family.|
|Admissions Director||Anne Riley|
- Every "small moment" is achieved through intensive and exhaustive planning and preparation by our professional staff. All children are welcomed as equal participants in the classroom and encouraged as members of their peer group. Then, teachers engage students in lessons that are either created from scratch or adapted from a curriculum to be both accessible and meaningful. Finally, teachers measure progress in an individualized manner so that every student`s performance is given worthwhile context in their overall progress as a learner. In this way, students with autism, ADHD, anxiety, learning disabilities, students who are highly achieving, and students with no diagnosis at all can participate together in their home classroom. This is how we define and enact inclusion in our school not after the fact, but instead by creating it from the ground up, as classrooms and lessons are being developed in the first place.
Profile last updated:
People that viewed Academy For Precision Learning also viewed these schools: Morningside Academy, Academy Schools, Children's Institute For Learning Differences (CHILD), Apex Learning Virtual School and Queen Anne Community School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 1-9 | 90 students
901 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121
(206) 709-9500 0.8 1-9
- Renton Grades: K-12 | 44 students
2640 Benson Road S
Renton, WA 98055
(425) 336-3260 12 K-12
- Seattle Grades: K-4 | 40 students
557 Roy St # 110
Seattle, WA 98109
(206) 282-7132 1.5 K-4
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.