Academy For Precision Learning
Academy for Precision Learning (APL) is an inclusive K-12 school serving students across the autisum spectrum with their typically developing peers in an academically challenging and socially vibriant enviroment. The mission of APL is to transform childrens` lives through small daily moments that, taken together, create an unrivaled educational experience that is rigorous and demanding, yet joyful and rewarding.
Every "small moment" is achieved through intensive and exhaustive planning and preparation by our professional staff. All children are welcomed as equal participants in the classroom and encouraged as members of their peer group. Then, teachers engage students in lessons that are either created from scratch or adapted from a curriculum to be both accessible and meaningful. Finally, teachers measure progress in an individualized manner so that every student`s performance is given worthwhile context in their overall progress as a learner. In this way, students with autism, ADHD, anxiety, learning disabilities, students who are highly achieving, and students with no diagnosis at all can participate together in their home classroom. This is how we define and enact inclusion in our school not after the fact, but instead by creating it from the ground up, as classrooms and lessons are being developed in the first place.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 112 students
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 15 / Jun. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 15 / Jun. 1 / rolling
Cost depends on grade level tuition and clinical services, if any, provided. Discount for more than one student in same family.
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
Extended School Year program runs in July and August. Clinical services available.
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Coding/ Minecraft Club
Coding/ Minecraft Club
- Founded in 2007, APL is an inclusive K-12 school serving students across the autism spectrum along with their typically developing peers in an inclusive, academically challenging and socially vibrant environment. All children are welcomed as equal participants in the classroom and encouraged as members of their peer group. Teachers engage students in lessons that are either created from scratch or adapted from a curriculum to be both accessible and meaningful. Finally, teachers measure progress in an individualized manner so that every student`s performance is given worthwhile context in their overall progress as a learner. In this way, students with autism, ADHD, anxiety, learning differences, students who are highly achieving, and students with no diagnosis at all can participate together in their home classroom. This is how we define and enact inclusion in our school - by creating it from the ground up, as classrooms and lessons are being developed. In order to best succeed in their classroom, some students with autism may require additional services from our embedded Roots Clinic`s Applied Behavior Analysis therapy (ABA) . ABA therapy has been demonstrated in research as the primary effective treatment for autism, and can also be successfully used to support individuals with other diagnoses or needs. To ensure a high quality and clinically sound service package for every student in need of our services, our professional team includes staff certified and licensed across a range of organizations regulating our practice. Our services include scaffolding support and training for teachers based on observational assessment of the classroom. It also includes individualized programming, incorporating rigorous assessment tools, ongoing treatment planning, and monitoring for students who receive ABA services through The ROOTS Clinic. The common thread across our services is that they are provided in the school environment.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Academy For Precision Learning cost?
Academy For Precision Learning's tuition is approximately $3,000 for summer students.
Does Academy For Precision Learning offer a summer program?
Yes, Academy For Precision Learning offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
When is the application deadline for Academy For Precision Learning?
The application deadline for Academy For Precision Learning is Feb. 15 / Jun. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 15 / Jun. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Academy For Precision Learning. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.