- Academy Schools encourages the spirit and joy of learning in each student, and offers a nurturing and challenging program for children from pre-school age through 12th grade.The academic and social challenges are individual and place no artificial boundaries on the level of learning.
- The Academy Schools environment allows and encourages reaching beyond the comfortable known.
- At Academy Schools, we understand the intellectual, social and emotional needs of our students.
- Our individualized program gives students the opportunity to experience academic success, build self-esteem and enjoy coming to school every day.
Academy Schools places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Many|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniforms, khaki or navy pants; blue, red, white collar shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,750|
|Tuition Notes||Half Day Pre K - $9750 Full Day Pre K - $12,750 K-5 - $18,950 Middle School - $19,750 High School - $21,250|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cynthia Huber|
|Admissions Associate||Bruce McIntyre|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Club, Dungeons and Dragons Club, Homework Club, Pokemon Club, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Jam Session, Private Instrumental Lessons
- Does your child struggle academically and/or socially at school?
- Is your child bored in school Is he or she being held back, under-challenged, or needing a different approach to education?
- Does your child learn differently due to neurodiversity such as ADD/ADHD, Autism, giftedness, anxiety, sensory processing, executive functioning or other learning differences?
- Are you looking for a strong social, emotional and academic foundation for your PreK or elementary student?
- At Academy Schools we recognize that each child learns in his or her own unique way. Academy Schools is dedicated to providing a nurturing, supportive environment for children to grow academically, socially and emotionally. Academy Schools is a nationally accredited, non-sectarian school, serving grades Pre-Kindergarten through 12. Our small classes with a 1 to 10 teacher-student ratio allows for challenging, personalized curriculum where students discover the joy of learning and explore their creative potential. Centrally located, minutes from Seattle, Renton, Bellevue, Auburn, Mercer Island, Kent and Federal Way; Academy Schools offers an outstanding educational experience. Beyond the academic day, Academy Schools provides after-school child care including a wide range of specialized activities, such as Homework Club, Robotics, Cooking, Pokemon and D&D Clubs. Tutoring, SLP (Speech Language Pathology), Occupational Therapy and Social?Emotional Skills are also available through private pay services.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: NS-12 | 89 students
5031 University Way Ne
Seattle, WA 98105
(206)427-0115 9.8 NS-12
My son is attending his 3rd year at Academy Schools. He participates in Rock School (after school music club) and on the Rubik's Team (the school was awarded 2nd place during their first competition in Seattle). Parents are welcoming and advocates for all students not just their own. My son is gifted and on the Autism Spectrum and he is thriving at this school. There is zero tolerance for bullying and teasing. Students exhibiting these behaviors are corrected with apologies to the affected student(s). Can't say the same for our three years experience in public school (1st through 3rd grade). It had its first graduation ceremony last year since becoming accredited. The ceremony cemented our plans to have our son graduate from this school! Such a wholesome environment is priceless and their success will be supported by us even after my son graduates and moves on to college.
- Posted by Parent - Chris
We love this school! Both of my children are thriving here. The small class sizes, challenging curriculum and high ratio of teacher to student offers an exceptional learning environment.
- Posted by Parent - Hrt41
Academy Schools is the greatest example of individualized education for every student. Each child is challenged to reach their full potential academically. Each child is given the tools to become successful in, and contribute to the world at large.
- Posted by Parent - bsw12
Great school; students are treated as individuals with lots of attention. High scholarship expected with high quality support. Curriculum is exceptional. School community is wonderful--staff is caring,
- Posted by Parent - kimbe