Red Cloud Indian School
- The Red Cloud Indian School, Inc., is a non-profit corporation (501C3) operating as an accredited private school and organized under the laws of the state of South Dakota.
- Private donations support 97 percent of Red Cloud Indian School.
- We receive no Federal, State, or Tribal funds. The Red Cloud Indian School provides a quality education of the mind and heart for almost 600 Native American students every day.
- The main campus near Pine Ridge Village consists of one of the largest private Native American schools in the country.
- The mission of The Red Cloud Indian Schools is to provide a quality education from kindergarten through high school to the Native American children on the Pine Ridge Reservation.
- The educational process at Red Cloud Indian School attempts to give lakota students the skills they need to compete in the larger society while retaining the traditional values and culture of the Lakota heritage.
- Course work includes a basic educational curriculum (Math, Science, History, etc.) as well as courses in ethics, religion, Lakota culture, Lakota religion, and Lakota language.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||505 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
I AM A 54 YEAR OLD RETIRED CERTIFIED LA TEACHER. I SPENT 15 OF THOSE YEARS IN READING ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS. MY RETIREMENT DREAM HAS ALWAYS BEEN TO TEACH AND LEARN FROM A CULTURE THAT I HAVE STUDIED AND LOVED FOR OVER 20 YEARS OF TRAVEL IN SOUTH DAKOTA. I WOULD GREATLEY APPRECIATE ALL INFORMATION THAT I WOULD NEED FOR ANY FUTHER CERTIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS TO APPROACH MY DREAM IN THE FALL
- Posted by Teacher - dmcle