Resurrection Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (913) 371-8101
Resurrection Catholic School Photo #2 - While Resurrection is steeped in Catholic tradition and values, students of all faiths are welcome at our school. We take pride in the diversity of our student body, which presents students with the opportunity to relate to and appreciate people of various cultures and ethnic groups.
Resurrection Catholic School Photo #3 - Resurrection Catholic School is a 4-time winner of the Catholic Education Foundation's School of Excellence Award.
Resurrection Catholic School Photo #4 - Liturgies and prayer are an integral part of the school day. Masses are scheduled weekly for all grades. Students participate in weekly rosaries and Stations of the Cross. Various celebrations, including Our Lady of Guadalupe, All Saints Day, May Crowning, and Vocation Day, are also
Resurrection Catholic School Photo #5 - Students work in the Math Hub, a classroom supporting flipped learning and collaboration amongst students. There are spaces for students to work independently and the moveable whiteboards have multiple functions.
Resurrection Catholic School Photo #6 - Students at Resurrection develop their creative abilities in art. Our certified art teacher promotes problem-solving, curiosity, and individuality through crafted lessons. Students` art is displayed throughout the building. In addition to the weekly art classes, art is also integrated into other subject areas by classroom teachers.
- Resurrection Catholic School at the Cathedral is a preschool through 8th-grade school located in Kansas City, Kansas. Resurrection exists to live Christ`s love and to develop our talents to serve Him always.
- Resurrection is a community that treats everyone with respect, where children achieve academic excellence, where families actively practice their Catholic faith and where the school and parish communities support each other.
- While Resurrection is steeped in Catholic tradition and values, students of all faiths are welcome at our school.
- We take pride in the diversity of our student body, which presents students with the opportunity to relate to and appreciate people of various cultures and ethnic groups.
- Neighborhoods Rising Funds Awards $84,100 to 39 Neighborhood & Community Organizations - 06/17/2020 - The Neighborhoods Rising Fund (NRF) is a funding collaborative, administered by LISC and Community Capital Fund, that annually provides grants up to $3,000 for community-driven and neighborhood-led projects throughout the ...moreGreater Kansas City region. Resurrection Catholic School was one of this year's recipients for their community Pocket Park. hide
- Resurrection School brings cultures together - 02/14/2020 - "Resurrection was formed in 2007 from a consolidation of schools that included St. John the Baptist. The school serves families from diverse ethnic heritages, and each was reflected in the ...moremenu of its eighth annual Taste of KCK." hide
- Resurrection named School of Excellence again - 10/06/2017 - "We talk a lot about saints and how we can be the best version of ourselves," said Lynda Higgins, principal of Resurrection Catholic School at the Cathedral here. "Our theme ...morethis year is actually `Saints in Training.` hide
Resurrection Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||282 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on in-parish and out-of-parish rates. Scholarships are available to those who qualify.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lynda Higgins|
|Admissions Associate||Felicia Holcomb|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Extended Learning Summer Programs, Makerspace, STREAM Clubs (After-School), Summer Book Clubs
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- NEW FAMILIES STEPS TO ENROLL STEP 1: Tour the school and meet with the principal. Please complete the Information Request Form at rcskck.org or call the school at 913-371-8101 to set up your appointment. STEP 2: Complete the enrollment packet. Please contact the school office to request a packet OR you can print the packet online at rcskck.org STEP 3: Apply for financial aid. Families interested in applying for financial aid must apply through FACTS at FACTS Online. Detailed instructions for applying for financial aid through FACTS can be found at FACTS Online Guide. To complete FACTS you will need to have your most recent tax return information. STEP 4: Pay enrollment fee. All families must pay a non-refundable enrollment fee. Please contact the school office for more information.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: PK-8 | 265 students
3027 N 54th St
Kansas City, KS 66104
(913) 287-8883 3.8 PK-8
- Kansas City Grades: PK-8 | 33 students
3310 Garfield Ave
Kansas City, KS 66104
(913) 342-4435 1.6 PK-8
- Leavenworth Grades: NS | 48 students
23785 139th Street
Leavenworth, KS 66048
(913) 727-3518 15.2 NS
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 125 students
5901 NW Waukomis Drive
Kansas City, MO 64151
(816) 741-6940 6.7 NS-12
We love this school! We sent our 3 children through Resurrection and we would do it again. The teachers really cared about our children and they got a good education and grew in their relationship with Christ.
- Posted by Parent - Ana
We love this school! The staff and principle work so hard to help our kids learn and grow. They focus on innovative ways to teach STEM and math. We even got a 3D printer this year! My favorite part is the diversity of the students and the resounding message that we are ALL children of God who are special, unique, and in control of our actions.
- Posted by Parent - Megan Wheeler
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.