River Oaks School
- River Oaks School is an independent, co-educational, nonsectarian, college-preparatory day school.
- Dedicated to the development of the total child, River Oaks School offers a curriculum which encourages the intellectual, creative, physical, social, and moral development of its students.
- Within an environment of trust, honesty, and respect, River Oaks School strives to foster in the individual the capability for critical thinking and the ability to act decisively, thoughtfully, and responsibly.
- Founded in 1969, River Oaks School has grown from eight grades housed in temporary buildings to pre-kindergarten three-year-old classes through twelfth grade on a beautiful twenty-acre campus.
- The facility now includes science and computer labs in lower, middle, and upper schools, a cafeteria, gymnasium, art and music rooms, and athletic fields.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||313 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MonroeGrades: PK-12 | 806 students
7065 Highway 165 N
Monroe, LA 71203
- West MonroeGrades: K-12 | 184 students
320 Laird St
West Monroe, LA 71291
- MonroeGrades: 7-12 | 254 students
3300 Westminister Ave
Monroe, LA 71201