Robert C Parker School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (518) 286-3449 Ext. 102
Robert C Parker School Photo #2 - Project based learning in our new Discovery Center! Hands on, citizen scientists explore their natural surroundings.
- Robert C. Parker School engages each student in a thoughtful and challenging learning process that inspires curiosity and a passion to achieve, nurtures confidence and community, and cultivates purposeful action. Core Values: emotional security, intellectual vibrancy, ethical awareness, and social responsibility.
Robert C Parker School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Weekly rates depend on the specific camp program.|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Range: $7,150-$16,800 Pre K - 8th grade Financial Aid available K-8|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Matt Thornton|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Intramural Sports Only, Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Archery,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Golf, Indoor Soccer,
Intramural Sports Only, Nordic Skiing,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Private Music Lessons, Theater Arts
- Robert C. Parker School is an independent school for boys and girls in pre-school through 8th grade, 10 minutes from downtown Albany. We believe that successful learners are confident, caring and creative, capable of defining their own place in the world. Children eager to understand their world energize our classrooms at a time when their capacity for learning is arguably at its peak. They join together in our community of teachers, peers, mentors and families to discover and be discovered, to learn respect and earn respect, and to develop intellectual strategies that will carry them forth in a direction of their own choosing.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rensselaer Grades: NS-8 | 319 students
100 Montesorri Pl
Rensselaer, NY 12144
(518) 283-5400 3.3 NS-8
- East Greenbush Grades: PK-7 | 215 students
54 Highland Dr
East Greenbush, NY 12061
(518) 477-5739 5.1 PK-7
With its small size and staff who truly care about the students, Parker students can't hide in the cracks or fall through the cracks. We were so grateful our child was here when COVID-19 hit. Parker immediately transitioned to online schooling and did it in the best way possible. Top reasons for recommending: 1. Easy transition for our child (from public school) 2. Accommodating, engaged teachers 3. Amazing, expansive campus and kids get outside regularly & frequently 4. Teachers & administration are incredibly hard-working and engaged 5. Learning is meaningful 6. Students are well-rounded, confident participants in their learning 7. The environment is safer and easier for children to take risks 8. Wonderful programs and activities that aren't offered at other schools 9. Spanish is part of the curriculum starting in Pre-K 10. Students are assessed and Progress Reports are extensive, but there's not a heavy focus on grades and taking tests like other schools 11. Children are prepared to enter a variety of environments (both large and small; public & private) for high school.
- Posted by Parent - Michele
From the small class sizes, individualized attention, and inspiring curriculum, Parker is a gem in the Capital District. My child has thrived in this environment of curiosity, exploration and kindness. Far from the stresses of filling in bubble sheets and sitting quietly in rows for the day, children at Parker are taught to embrace their natural curiosity and talents. They are encouraged to explore, create, and learn. Teachers, parents, and administrators all collaborate to effectively make this learning environment a positive one for every member of the community. My only wish is that it went through high school and didn't end at 8th grade!
- Posted by Parent - seeya
Grandparent actually. My grandchildren love the school, are challenged there, and the cooperative nature of the school is great. My granddaughter in 1st great is getting plenty of individual attention, and both of my granddaughters are thriving there.
- Posted by Parent - bruce
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?