Robert C Parker School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Robert C. Parker School engages each student in a thoughtful and challenging learning process that inspires curiosity and a passion to achieve, nurtures confidence and community, and cultivates purposeful action.
- Core Values: emotional security, intellectual vibrancy, ethical awareness, and social responsibility.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Range: $6460-$ 15,350, Pre K - 8th grade Financial Aid available K-8|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Laura Mandelson|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Intramural Sports Only, Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Badminton,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Golf, Intramural Sports Only,
Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- Robert C. Parker School is an independent school for boys and girls in pre-school through 8th grade, 10 minutes from downtown Albany. We believe that successful learners are confident, caring and creative, capable of defining their own place in the world. Children eager to understand their world energize our classrooms at a time when their capacity for learning is arguably at its peak. They join together in our community of teachers, peers, mentors and families to discover and be discovered, to learn respect and earn respect, and to develop intellectual strategies that will carry them forth in a direction of their own choosing.
Profile last updated: 05/11/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RensselaerGrades: NS-8 | 280 students
100 Montesorri Pl
Rensselaer, NY 12144
- East GreenbushGrades: PK-8 | 167 students
54 Highland Dr
East Greenbush, NY 12061
From the small class sizes, individualized attention, and inspiring curriculum, Parker is a gem in the Capital District. My child has thrived in this environment of curiosity, exploration and kindness. Far from the stresses of filling in bubble sheets and sitting quietly in rows for the day, children at Parker are taught to embrace their natural curiosity and talents. They are encouraged to explore, create, and learn. Teachers, parents, and administrators all collaborate to effectively make this learning environment a positive one for every member of the community. My only wish is that it went through high school and didn't end at 8th grade!
- Posted by Parent - seeya
Grandparent actually. My grandchildren love the school, are challenged there, and the cooperative nature of the school is great. My granddaughter in 1st great is getting plenty of individual attention, and both of my granddaughters are thriving there.
- Posted by Parent - bruce
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.