Woodland Hill Montessori School
Tel: (518) 283-5400
- Woodland Hill Montessori, founded in 1965 as the Montessori School of Albany, is the only independent school in the Capital Region providing the internationally renowned Montessori education for children ages 18 months -14 years of age.
- Woodland Hill Montessori School nuters an inner love of learning.
- Using specific Montessori methods, creativity and natural curiosity are fostered and individual academic excellence is stressed.
- Montessori children are empowered to make decisions and take responsibility from an early age.
- They develop strong self-images and confidently face challenges. Montessori is a peace-based education, focusing on global and cultural awareness, cooperation, and respect.
- WHMS is accredited by the American Montessori Society, NAIS and NYAIS and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||319 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for the Toddler program starts at $5,998. Tuition for pre-K through K is $10,500- $12,969, grades 1 through 8 ranges from $13,305 to $14,480. Limited need based financial aid is availible.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,200|
|Admissions Director||Kris Gernert-Dott|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||African Drumming, Band, Chess, Chinese, Chior, Community Service, Latin, Newspapaer, Science Bowl, Skiing, Spanish, Sports Teams, Suzuki Violin, Theater, Yearbook|
- Woodland Hill Montessori School is the Capital Region`s only independent school providing the internationally renowned Montessori program for children ages 18 months -14 years old. We were founded in 1965 as the Montessori School of Albany by parents searching for a school that would recognize and develop the immense potential within all young children. The elementary program was added in 1986 to serve 6-12 year old children. In 2001, MSA began offering middle school education. In December of 2003, MSA moved to a beautiful, custom designed school on 11 wooded acres in North Greenbush. To celebrate our move to the new location, we changed our name to the Woodland Hill Montessori School.In 2012 the school added a toddler program for children 18-36 months old. Woodland Hill Montessori School is committed to providing a nurturing and cooperative learning environment where children are challenged to reach their intellectual, physical and creative potential. The Montessori method is based upon a deep respect for the child as an individual and is designed to stimulate each child`s natural curiosity and love of learning. We invite you to visit and observe the engaging academic environment in our classrooms, the interaction between students, and the unique role of our skilled Montessori teachers. The best way to understand the Montessori difference is to experience it first hand! Please contact Kristine Gernert-Dott, Director of Admissions at 518-283-5400 or email@example.com to arrange a visit.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Grades: K-8 | 28 students
8 Elm St
Albany, NY 12202
(518) 434-3072 3.1 K-8
- East Greenbush Grades: PK-7 | 215 students
54 Highland Dr
East Greenbush, NY 12061
(518) 477-5739 3.8 PK-7
- Poughkeepsie Grades: PK-9 | 68 students
488 Freedom Plains Route Suite 141
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
(845) 223-3783 67.3 PK-9
- Slingerlands Grades: 1-3 | 15 students
12 Fisher Boulevard
Slingerlands, NY 12159
(518) 478-0224 9.5 1-3
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.