- Roger Williams originally came to New England as a resident of the Colony of Massachusetts.
- He found himself to be in serious disagreement with the combination of Church and State in that colony, and eventually returned to England and received a charter to found the Colony of Rhode Island.
- The principles that were established in Rhode Island included the freedom to worship God in any church, without a State Church.
- There was a clear separation of Church and State. Schools were established by the various Churches in Rhode Island rather than the State.
- This fact permitted the parents to maintain control of the education received by their children, allowing them to be trained in moral and ethical disciplines based on the parents desired faith system.
- Roger Williams Academy is a Christian school. Moral and ethical standards, and wisdom literature is taken from the Bible.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Daly CityGrades: PK-8 | 130 students
79 Florence St.
Daly City, CA 94014
MillbraeGrades: PK-K | 40 students
797 Santa Margarita, Suite A
Millbrae, CA 94030
San BrunoGrades: PK-K | 70 students
233 Santa Inez Ave
San Bruno, CA 94066
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 445 students
755 Ocean Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112
San FranciscoGrades: PK-KG | 153 students
2425 19th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94116
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.