Roseville Community School
Roseville Community School Photo #2 - We don't tell them it's too tall. We ask if they need a ladder.
Mission: Providing alternative and authentic learning experiences in an engaging child-centered community.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 33 students
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 49%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Varies based on parent participation.
- Purpose: Our purpose is to provide an engaging environment in which students can recognize and fulfill their potential to become thinking, caring, productive, and responsible individuals in our changing world. Philosophy: Our philosophy is characterized by these developmental education principles: children learn through play, interaction, problem solving, exploration and discovery. Cooperation is more conducive to learning than competition. Children learn best when they can make choices and set their own goals. Each child is unique. Education is an on-going process which is enhanced when the child, teacher and family work together.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Roseville Community School?
The application deadline for Roseville Community School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Roseville Community School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.