Granite Bay Montessori
- Granite Bay Montessori is a non-profit school founded in 1991.
- The school serves children from pre-school (2 years) through 8th grade. Granite Bay Montessori offers an individualized, child-centered program designed to meet the needs of each student.
- The program is designed to foster independent, motivated students.
- The teacher's role in the Montessori classroom is to motivate and stimulate children by continuously introducing them to new materials and activities.
- Cooperative projects help children bring together individual talents to accomplish common goals.
- Our school program also incorporates special programs in the studies of art, music, foreign language, and drama.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$826|
|Tuition Notes||We offer a Half-Day, Full Day or Extended Day option for our preschool program (3-5 year olds and 2-3 year olds). Please contact us for pricing information for our preschool program.|
|Admissions Director||Emily Compton|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Makers Club (Enrichment class), Science (Enrichment Class)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intro To Taekwondo (Enrichment class), Soccer (after school enrichment class)
- Please contact our office to schedule an observation and learn more about our programs!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roseville Grades: NS-12 | 50 students
1301 Coloma Way
Roseville, CA 95661
(916)956-4662 2.4 NS-12
- Roseville Grades: K-6 | 56 students
50 Corporation Yard Rd
Roseville, CA 95678
(916)786-6906 4.1 K-6
- Roseville Grades: NS-8 | 247 students
633 Vine Ave
Roseville, CA 95678
(916)782-1161 3.2 NS-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.