Sacred Heart School
Tel: (781) 592-7581
- For more than 100 years, Sacred Heart School of Lynn has been educating children from the greater Lynn community.
- At Sacred Heart School, we are committed to empowering students to reach their highest academic potential by providing an education that is grounded in Catholic ideals in a diverse and family-centered environment.
- Come learn more about us. Sacred Heart School, founded on the Gospel message of Jesus: Teaches students to live the Catholic faith through a commitment to Catholic traditions and values Empowers students to attain their highest academic potential in a challenging educational environment Inspires students to become informed, caring and contributing members of a diverse community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||227 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Sacred Heart School, originally located on Robinson St. in Lynn, was established just a few short years after the formation of Sacred Heart Parish. The Rev. Dennis F. Sullivan, the first Pastor, was well aware of the importance of Catholic Education, and set about making his dream of a parish school a reality. Fr. Sullivan looked to the parish community to help fulfill his vision for Sacred Heart School. Through the generosity of one loyal parishioner, he would not have long to wait. Sacred Heart School has taken pride in providing a quality Catholic education for over a century. In order to ensure this rich tradition for future generations, we have provided a number of opportunities for parents, alumni, parishioners, business leaders and friends to invest in the future of Sacred Heart School. These tax-deductible charitable contributions enrich the lives of the children of Sacred Heart School and helps to prepare them to become the future leaders of tomorrow. The philosophy of Sacred Heart School is an expression of the school's nature, purpose and goals, and it gives direction to its entire educational mission. Not only does it reflect the needs, values and purposes of the specific community which the school serves, but it also reflects input from the various groups which directly relate to the school. The total parish community at Sacred Heart School should thrive on supporting each other, both church and school. A strong community bond should enhance the students' ability to view wisdom, participate at their own level, and dream of leadership in the future. The parish community acts as a symbolic, but yet realistic pattern of Christian life. The student through education and tutelage is encouraged to emulate this style and pattern.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lynn Grades: PK-8 | 284 students
28 Bowler St
Lynn, MA 01904
(781) 593-8292 1.7 PK-8
- Saugus Grades: NS-K
248 Lynn Fells Parkway
Saugus, MA 01906
(781) 484-0600 3.1 NS-K
- Saugus Grades: PK-K | 201 students
20 E Denver St
Saugus, MA 01906
(781) 231-5454 1.8 PK-K
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.