Sacred Heart School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (830) 393-2117
- Sacred Heart Catholic School was built and supported by the sacrifices of the parish community and concerned parents seeking the best education for their children.
- The school has been in existence for 75 years and continues to be an icon of stability, tradition, good moral values, respect for others and property and the Love for God.
- Your choice of Sacred Heart Catholic School involves a commitment and exhibits a concern for helping your children recognize God as the greatest good in their lives.
- Sacred Heart School aims to provide quality education for our students and to implement, within a loving faith community, the three-fold plan of Christian education to live and teach the Catholic faith, to build and strengthen community, and to serve others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elmendorf Grades: 1-12 | 35 students
5697 Labus Road
Elmendorf, TX 78112
(210) 621-2110 14.4 1-12
- Adkins Grades: NS-12 | 104 students
5212 FM 1628
Adkins, TX 78101
(210) 649-1178 18 NS-12
- San Antonio Grades: PK-8 | 218 students
3814 Nash Blvd
San Antonio, TX 78223
(210) 333-7356 22.1 PK-8
- Pleasanton Grades: PK-5 | 80 students
626 Market St
Pleasanton, TX 78064
(830) 569-8073 22.1 PK-5
My daughter was miserable in public school, but is thriving here. The classes are small, but socialize across the grades. Unlike many public schools, Sacred Heart offers music, PE, an occasional soccer game with the parish priest, and art classes. Gardening, chess and science clubs are after school. The srnse of community extends to parental involvement - I've made friends here too! I strongly believe in the higher quality of their Christian based education, and the teaching staff who genuinely like children.
- Posted by Parent - Rosabelle
Excellent. Well rounded education. School offers after school clubs.. science & garden, so the learning continues beyond the desk. Kindergarteners take spelling tests and read from the start of the school year. They are challenged. Kindergarteners participate in church & read segments of the readings for Mass. They participate in the school play. Both opportunities provide early exposure to public speaking. The spiritual experience & personal reflection is echoed daily developing an understanding of personal responsibility & compassion. They are off to a good start.
- Posted by Parent - GGMA
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.