Saint Joseph School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Established in 1939, Saint Joseph School is a 2011 National Blue Ribbon School.
- Saint Joseph School provides students with both traditional Catholic values and the academic preparation necessary to excel in the 21st Century.
- A faith-based community that provides Catholic/Christian education within the context of a parish sponsored school.
- Offer both self-contained, heterogeneous grouped classrooms and a departmental structure with an emphasis on student achievement, discipline, and maintaining a child-centered environment.
- Achieve strong academic outcomes, a commitment to Catholic/Christian values, personal responsibility and the development of each student's potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students wear school uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Paula Valenti|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Marconi|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alter Servers, Beta Club, Boys Scouts of America, Brownie Scouts, Chess Club, Choir, Daisy Girl Scouts, Girl Scouts Of America, Literary Magazine, Martial Arts Club, Mathtastic Club, Mythbusters, Performing Arts, Poetry Club, PreK Early Childhood Reading Club, Weekly Rosary Prayer Group, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella Group, Art Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wyckoff Grades: PK-8 | 261 students
700 Greenwood Avenue
Wyckoff, NJ 07481
(201)891-1481 8.6 PK-8
- Emerson Grades: PK-K | 70 students
35 Jefferson Ave
Emerson, NJ 07630
(201)262-0300 1.8 PK-K
- Glen Rock Grades: K-9 | 432 students
180 Rodney St
Glen Rock, NJ 07452
(201)445-0622 5.5 K-9
This school is simply the best in our area. The curriculum guided by the best teachers are number 1. Could not be more prouder to have my son attend this school and receiving a Catholic education platform one can have!
- Posted by Parent - JM
Saint Joseph School is pleased to announce that seventeen 7th graders were chosen for publication for the Young Writer`s Spooky Sagas Contest. The students` mini sagas will also be sent to the Library of Congress in Washington, DC. For more information about Young Writers, please visit: https://youngwritersusa.com/
- Posted by Administrator - Assistant Principal
My Son and two of my grandchildren attended this school. They received a very solid education and went on to become very successful adults. I am grateful for the foundation that my children/grandchildren received here.
- Posted by Parent - Ruth
Three of my children attended St. Joseph School. SJS provided my children with the foundation they needed to become the successful, kind, and compassionate adults they are today
- Posted by Parent - former parent
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.