Santa Barbara Montessori School
What an experience! Everyone surfed, even Oscar-Gus, our dachsund mascot! Head-dips, nose rides, and smiles were part of this summer's camp experience.
Our annual celebration of United Nations Day always includes an incredible 'pot luck' feast featuring foods from around the world based upon each SBMS family's ethnicity.
SBMS has the only Montessori adolescent program in Southern California. The curricula includes visits to Italy and Washington DC every other year--the two locations alternate based upon the study of American History or Western Civilization.
- Celebrating our 39th year on our 9-acre campus, Santa Barbara Montessori is the only authentic (AMI-Recognized) Montessori school in Southern California offering Toddler through junior-high programs.
- We're the one! There is a difference, please arrange a visit to see what a real Montessori school can provide your child.
- The founders of Google, Amazon, and Wikipedia all went to Montessori schools, as did Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Julia Child, and Yo Yo Ma--their Montessori education made a difference in their lives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||24 students|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Tuitions vary depending on ages of children; travel for elementary and junior high are separate costs.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Ms Aran Klingensmith|
- The only authentic AMI-trained Toddler teachers in the area
- The only Montessori adolescent program (Erdkinder) in the area
- Come see our organic pesticide-free Butterfly Garden
- Organic vegetable and flower gardens
- Spanish Immersion Program at all levels
- Music, theater arts, performance, ceramics, fine arts at ever level
- Junior High travels to Italy, London and Paris
- Elementary outdoor science programs at Nature Bridge (Headlands and Yosemite)
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017