Santa Barbara Montessori School
Santa Barbara Montessori School Photo #2 - These are some of our Summer Session Volleyball camp players. Their NCAA coach was impressed!
Santa Barbara Montessori School Photo #3 - What an experience! Everyone surfed, even Oscar-Gus, our dachsund mascot! Head-dips, nose rides, and smiles were part of this summer's camp experience.
Santa Barbara Montessori School Photo #4 - Our annual celebration of United Nations Day always includes an incredible "pot luck" feast featuring foods from around the world based upon each SBMS family's ethnicity.
- Celebrating our 39th year on our 9-acre campus, Santa Barbara Montessori is the only authentic (AMI-Recognized) Montessori school in Southern California offering Toddler through junior-high programs.
- We're the one! There is a difference, please arrange a visit to see what a real Montessori school can provide your child.
- The founders of Google, Amazon, and Wikipedia all went to Montessori schools, as did Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Julia Child, and Yo Yo Ma--their Montessori education made a difference in their lives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuitions vary depending on ages of children; travel for elementary and junior high are separate costs.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Ms Aran Klingensmith|
- The only authentic AMI-trained Toddler teachers in the area
- The only Montessori adolescent program (Erdkinder) in the area
- Come see our organic pesticide-free Butterfly Garden
- Organic vegetable and flower gardens
- Spanish Immersion Program at all levels
- Music, theater arts, performance, ceramics, fine arts at ever level
- Junior High travels to Italy, London and Paris
- Elementary outdoor science programs at Nature Bridge (Headlands and Yosemite)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Goleta Grades: PK-6 | 276 students
401 N Fairview Ave # 1
Goleta, CA 93117
(805)683-9383 3.1 PK-6
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.