Santa Barbara Montessori School
Tel: (805) 685-7600
Santa Barbara Montessori School Photo #2 - These are some of our Summer Session Volleyball camp players. Their NCAA coach was impressed!
Santa Barbara Montessori School Photo #3 - What an experience! Everyone surfed, even Oscar-Gus, our dachsund mascot! Head-dips, nose rides, and smiles were part of this summer's camp experience.
Santa Barbara Montessori School Photo #4 - Our annual celebration of United Nations Day always includes an incredible "pot luck" feast featuring foods from around the world based upon each SBMS family's ethnicity.
- Celebrating our 39th year on our 9-acre campus, Santa Barbara Montessori is the only authentic (AMI-Recognized) Montessori school in Southern California offering Toddler through junior-high programs.
- We're the one! There is a difference, please arrange a visit to see what a real Montessori school can provide your child.
- The founders of Google, Amazon, and Wikipedia all went to Montessori schools, as did Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Julia Child, and Yo Yo Ma--their Montessori education made a difference in their lives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuitions vary depending on ages of children; travel for elementary and junior high are separate costs.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Ms Aran Klingensmith|
- The only authentic AMI-trained Toddler teachers in the area
- The only Montessori adolescent program (Erdkinder) in the area
- Come see our organic pesticide-free Butterfly Garden
- Organic vegetable and flower gardens
- Spanish Immersion Program at all levels
- Music, theater arts, performance, ceramics, fine arts at ever level
- Junior High travels to Italy, London and Paris
- Elementary outdoor science programs at Nature Bridge (Headlands and Yosemite)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Goleta Grades: PK-6 | 276 students
401 N Fairview Ave # 1
Goleta, CA 93117
(805) 683-9383 3.1 PK-6
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.