Santa Barbara Montessori School
Santa Barbara Montessori School Photo #2 - These are some of our Summer Session Volleyball camp players. Their NCAA coach was impressed!
Santa Barbara Montessori School Photo #3 - What an experience! Everyone surfed, even Oscar-Gus, our dachsund mascot! Head-dips, nose rides, and smiles were part of this summer's camp experience.
Santa Barbara Montessori School Photo #4 - Our annual celebration of United Nations Day always includes an incredible "pot luck" feast featuring foods from around the world based upon each SBMS family's ethnicity.
Celebrating our 39th year on our 9-acre campus, Santa Barbara Montessori is the only authentic (AMI-Recognized) Montessori school in Southern California offering Toddler through junior-high programs.
We're the one! There is a difference, please arrange a visit to see what a real Montessori school can provide your child.
The founders of Google, Amazon, and Wikipedia all went to Montessori schools, as did Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Julia Child, and Yo Yo Ma--their Montessori education made a difference in their lives.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 87 students
- Average class size: 24 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuitions vary depending on ages of children; travel for elementary and junior high are separate costs.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Ms Aran Klingensmith
- The only authentic AMI-trained Toddler teachers in the area
- The only Montessori adolescent program (Erdkinder) in the area
- Come see our organic pesticide-free Butterfly Garden
- Organic vegetable and flower gardens
- Spanish Immersion Program at all levels
- Music, theater arts, performance, ceramics, fine arts at ever level
- Junior High travels to Italy, London and Paris
- Elementary outdoor science programs at Nature Bridge (Headlands and Yosemite)
Endorse Santa Barbara Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?