Montessori Center School
- Montessori Center School (MCS) of Santa Barbara has a 50+ year history of preparing students ages 18 months through 6th grade for academic excellence using the world-renowned Montessori approach.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||276 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary by program|
|Admissions Director||Alyssa Morris|
- The Montessori Center School, founded in 1965 is affiliated with the American Montessori Society and licensed by the Department of Social Services.
- MCS students develop critical thinking, social collaboration, and creative problem solving skills, coupled with global and environmental awareness that will serve them well as they become the next generation of innovators and global citizens. Adding to the richness of the Montessori curriculum, MCS is located in a spacious garden campus that houses a low student to teacher ratio, credentialed teachers, fully equipped classrooms, a library, music and art studios, performing arts and auditorium space, after-school care center, outdoor classroom environments and play areas. With an enrollment of approximately 230 students, our school offers a rich social environment, a community of committed teachers, and supportive parents and administrators.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Goleta Grades: PK-8 | 87 students
7421 Mirano Dr
Goleta, CA 93117
(805)685-7600 3.1 PK-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.