Montessori Center School
Montessori Center School (MCS) of Santa Barbara has a 50+ year history of preparing students ages 18 months through 6th grade for academic excellence using the world-renowned Montessori Method.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 202 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
This includes highly gifted students and children with special needs, including learning differences in reading, writing, spelling and/or math; ADHD; and mild-to-moderate autism spectrum disorders.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition rates vary by program
- Since 1965, Montessori Center School has provided Santa Barbara families with a high quality and challenging education. A beautifully designed campus and inviting classrooms convey a sense of order and harmony. With teachers committed to understanding the whole child, students develop intellectual skills along with the emotional and social skills needed to thrive in today's global community.
Profile last updated: 12/10/2020
Endorse Montessori Center School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.