Montessori Center School
- Montessori Center School (MCS) of Santa Barbara has a 50+ year history of preparing students ages 18 months through 6th grade for academic excellence using the world-renowned Montessori approach.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||276 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary by program|
|Admissions Director||Alyssa Morris|
- The Montessori Center School, founded in 1965 is affiliated with the American Montessori Society and licensed by the Department of Social Services.
- MCS students develop critical thinking, social collaboration, and creative problem solving skills, coupled with global and environmental awareness that will serve them well as they become the next generation of innovators and global citizens. Adding to the richness of the Montessori curriculum, MCS is located in a spacious garden campus that houses a low student to teacher ratio, credentialed teachers, fully equipped classrooms, a library, music and art studios, performing arts and auditorium space, after-school care center, outdoor classroom environments and play areas. With an enrollment of approximately 230 students, our school offers a rich social environment, a community of committed teachers, and supportive parents and administrators.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Goleta Grades: PK-8 | 87 students
7421 Mirano Dr
Goleta, CA 93117
(805)685-7600 3.1 PK-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.