Bishop Garcia Diego High School
5.00 (7 reviews)
Tel: (805) 967-1266
Bishop Garcia Diego High School is an Independent Catholic Co-Educational Secondary School that welcomes students of all faiths and provides them with the spiritual, personal, and intellectual knowledge to meet the enduring challenge of realizing their God-given potential in a multi-cultural society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art, AP Calculus, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature, AP Government, AP Human Geography, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1136|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,600|
|Tuition Notes||Generous tuition assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Karen Regan|
|Admissions Associate||Erika Van Wingerden|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- The philosophy of Bishop Garca Diego High School is rooted in the Biblical understanding of the developing human relationship with God. With service to others as a natural response to this relationship, Bishop Garca Diego students are called to foster concern for others and are challenged to cultivate the leadership skills necessary to serve humankind. Through this process our students continue their journey to become mature, well-balanced adults.
- Collaborating with parents, Bishop Garca Diego High School shares the common goal of preparing its students to assume their multiple roles as members of family, church, and profession. This goal is attained through our rigorous college preparatory curriculum and co-curricular activities.
- In addition, the school strives to create future leaders with the combined qualities of intellectual and spiritual values to achieve their God-given potential and to bring about systemic change in our society and world.
Profile last updated:
As a teacher at Bishop Diego High School, I can attest to the quality of educational experience your child will receive here. The administration team works diligently to make sure the students and the faculty are well taken care of and have their needs met. One aspect of Bishop Diego that stands out to me is it's ability to differentiate teaching based upon each students learning styles and needs.
- Posted by Teacher - Aaron
Although the school is smaller than most high schools, Bishop is one of the best places you could go for pretty much anything. The education system at bishop is focused on you and your learning to help you the best they can. In addition to education, Bishops sports programs are very good and allow you to be able to play any sports with no previous experience. The bishop community is also super friendly and you are never left out while on campus.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Canaan Ramirez
I am only a freshman as of writing this, but I can assure you that this is an amazing school! They have amazing academics, with teachers who really care how you do. They also have amazing sports and multimedia.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jacob
Bishop is great! Every teacher is helpful and knowledgeable in their subject, and genuinely want to help their students succeed. There are so many electives for you to choose from, including graphic design, filmmaking, ceramics, multimedia, digital sound, etc and many athletic options for students to choose from, like volleyball, golf, tennis, water polo, and more. Bishop is more than a school, it's a one-of-a-kind community full of amazing people and multiple athletic/academic opportunities.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Katherine Whitney
I love this school so much! The community feels like family and they make learning amazing. I really have grown since attending here.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Robert Coles
Bishop has an amazing environment, the teachers are so welcoming and all of yours peers are friendly. You can play any sport you want to and get all the attention needed to succeed academically and socially. I can't imagine going anywhere else.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Paul Zoltoski
As a student at bishop, I love this school. The community is wonderful and we are all very close. The teachers are always up to help you and they support us to the best of their ability.All our peers are so welcoming and you have the ability to succeed in academically and socially. I can't imagine going anywhere else.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Caprisabel Acquistapace
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.