Bishop Garcia Diego High School
- Bishop Garcia Diego High School is an independent catholic co-educational secondary school that welcomes students of all faiths and provides them with the spiritual, personal, and intellectual knowledge to meet the enduring challenge of realizing their God-given potential in a multi-cultural society.
- The philosophy of Bishop Garca Diego High School is rooted in the Biblical understanding of the developing human relationship with God.
- With service to others as a natural response to this relationship, Bishop Garca Diego students are called to foster concern for others and are challenged to cultivate the leadership skills necessary to serve humankind.
- Through this process our students continue their journey to become mature, well-balanced adults.
- Collaborating with parents, Bishop Garca Diego High School shares the common goal of preparing its students to assume their multiple roles as members of family, church, and profession.
- This goal is attained through the rigorous college preparatory curriculum and co-curricular activities.
- In addition, the school strives to create future leaders with the combined qualities of intellectual and spiritual values to achieve their God-given potential and to bring about systemic change in our society and world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,400|
|Tuition Notes||Generous tuition assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Cristy McNay|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.