Bishop Garcia Diego High School
- Bishop Garcia Diego High School is an independent catholic co-educational secondary school that welcomes students of all faiths and provides them with the spiritual, personal, and intellectual knowledge to meet the enduring challenge of realizing their God-given potential in a multi-cultural society.
- The philosophy of Bishop Garca Diego High School is rooted in the Biblical understanding of the developing human relationship with God.
- With service to others as a natural response to this relationship, Bishop Garca Diego students are called to foster concern for others and are challenged to cultivate the leadership skills necessary to serve humankind.
- Through this process our students continue their journey to become mature, well-balanced adults.
- Collaborating with parents, Bishop Garca Diego High School shares the common goal of preparing its students to assume their multiple roles as members of family, church, and profession.
- This goal is attained through the rigorous college preparatory curriculum and co-curricular activities.
- In addition, the school strives to create future leaders with the combined qualities of intellectual and spiritual values to achieve their God-given potential and to bring about systemic change in our society and world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,400|
|Tuition Notes||Generous tuition assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Cristy McNay|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
What curricula do private schools follow? Who accredits private schools? What kind of standards prevail? More here.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.