Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Arts and Music Programs:
- Nestled amongst the forest preserve and Atlantic Ocean lies a beautiful school at the south end of Hilton Head Island. We are Sea Pines Montessori Academy. Thank you for showing interest in our school. We look forward to introducing you to our school`s rich and caring learning environment during our tour today.
- We are South Carolina`s first and oldest Montessori school. Mary Stone Fraser, wife of Sea Pines Plantation developer, founded Sea Pines Montessori Academy in 1968 as a (3-6 year old) one-room children`s house. Today we celebrate classrooms for students ages 12 months to 8th grade, a library, a Suzuki piano and violin studio, a dedicated Spanish language teacher, and a beautiful green space and playground for children to enjoy. In addition to offering a fitness program, a golf program with First Tee of the Lowcountry and tennis at a local tennis academy, we also offer basketball, soccer, cross country and golf as extra-curricular activities.Our school culture ensures a safe and nurturing environment that fosters independence in a multi-age learning environment. This allows for the child to move at their own pace without the pressures of having to be aligned with the group.
- Finding a school is easy but choosing the right one for your child can be challenging. Our mission is to meet each child where they are at and to provide them with the best foundation for character development and academic discovery while promoting leadership and confidence. At SPMA, we know that when we work together and become one unit, each child feels comfortable, safe, confident, loved, and most importantly, happy.
- A Montessori school should feel like a home, a "Children`s House" to be exact. When Maria Montessori opened her first classroom in 1907, she dubbed it Casa dei Bambini, or Children`s House. It was "owned" by the children - materials, art, and windows at eye level, child sized desks and tables, small sinks and toilets, and children of all ages in a familial setting. This is what sets Montessori apart from other schools. This ownership of the environment that the children feel contributes to their pride, independence, confidence, and love of learning. In the same regard, Montessori teachers are very special. They are trained for a specific age group and know that age range in and out - socially, emotionally, academically, and physically.
- In 2018, we celebrated 50 historic years as a school in the community, which included the planting of a time capsule celebration that was led by our founder, Mary Fraser, gifting a key to the Town of Hilton Head Island by the Mayor and Town Council, and a commendation from the Governor of South Carolina! We are excited to see what our next 50 years will bring.
- We invite your questions about our work, philosophies, and school life, and value the opportunity to begin this educational journey together with you and your child.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Sea Pines Montessori Academy cost?
What schools are Sea Pines Montessori Academy often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of Sea Pines Montessori Academy?
What sports does Sea Pines Montessori Academy offer?
What is Sea Pines Montessori Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Sea Pines Montessori Academy?
Endorse Sea Pines Montessori Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards