5.00 (2 reviews)
- Since 1993, Heritage Academy has continued to provide a peronalized educational program in a stimulating, supportive learning enviornment for students pursuing outside professional training in athletics or the arts.
- Nestled a short sprint from the Atlantic Ocean on the small, barrier island of Hilton Head off of the coast of South Carolina, Heritage Academy is a school that supports students who enjoy a serious extracurricular passion.
- At Heritage Academy, we believe that a small caring community of diverse, highly-trained professionals working with students who seek to develop a passion in life creates the ideal learning environment and can help bring balance to their lives.
- Young people have curious minds, tremendous energy, innate talent and incredible spirit all waiting to be awakened and nurtured.
- We respect research suggesting that students can reach full potential in analytical thinking, creative expression, and civic responsibility only when the walls of the traditional classroom are extended beyond the school facility.
- Whether in the classroom or pursuing extracurricular passions, our students are actively engaged in learning as accomplished scholars, artists and athletes.
Heritage Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language based, general learning differences and students with academic IEP|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Advanced Art, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Micro-Economics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government and Politics, AP United States History, Calculus, Honors Anatomy & Physiology, Honors Physics|
|Average SAT score||1085|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tina Sprouse|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service Club, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society
- Heritage Academy, a private coeducational school for grades 6-12 on Hilton Head Island, SC, is fully accredtied by SCISA and AdvancedEd/COGNIA. It is the school every student deserves! Heritage Academy attracts and enrolls students from around the world, domestic, local students all of whom come to take advantage of the school's unique academic program and philosophy. A requirement for admission to Heritage is the demonstrated pursuit of an extracurricular passion. Students combine the strong academic curriculum at Heritage with intensive after-school programs in their area of interest, predominately at one of Hilton Head's outstanding athletic academies or in the arts. The opportunity for students to study and engage in broader learning with a diverse group of motivated peers gives Heritage Academy a unique culture and environment. Heritage Academy is also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the European Council of International Schools (ECIS)
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hilton Head Island Grades: NS-12 | 415 students
8 Foxgrape Rd
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
(843)671-2286 2 NS-12
- Charlotte Grades: 9-12
7702 Pineville Matthews Road
Charlotte, NC 28226
(704)543-1127 202.5 9-12
Students from over 20 countries convene each year as a close knit learning community dedicated to excelling in academics and their athletic passion areas. Each year over 75% of the senior glass, which has a 100% college acceptance rate, a sign to play for a college team. Heritage Academy is THE school for serious scholar-athletes who expect rigor and balance in life.
- Posted by Administrator - Gloria S
The absolute best school for a serious student-athlete looking for a challenging college-preparatory learning environment with supportive and talented teachers. We could not be happier with the level of adult oversight and action to advance our son's educational opportunities in order to be selected to a top-tier university and collegiate team. His dream came true at Heritage because they believe in their mission and provide excellent results for their students. Top-flight education all around.
- Posted by Parent - An Jing
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.