- Shelia Daniels Christian Academy is distinctively Christian. Students here will receive excellence in education regardless of race, nationality, and economic or social status.
- Children will learn Christian values and know who they are in Christ.
- They will know what it is to have a relationship with Christ.
- At SDCA, high academic and spiritual standards will challenge each student to excel.
- Students at SDCA will be competitive academically with students from around the world.
- Every student that begins his or her education at SDCA will know how to read by the end of the kindergarten 4 year old program.
- Each student will be capable of reading publicly with clarity and confidence.
- They will have respect for those in authority. They will be able to calculate basic arithmetic with speed and precision.
- By keeping classroom sizes small, SDCA is able to draw forth the value of each child's soul.
- SDCA will provide the springboard for true creative expression that honors God.
- SDCA is committed to shaping the minds of young people to prepare them to stand firm on the word of God.
- They will be able to make Godly decisions in whatever they encounter in life.
- Being distinctively Christian, each student will know how to worship God through the life they lead here on this earth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WaukeganGrades: PK-12 | 173 students
1550 W Yorkhouse Road
Waukegan, IL 60087
WaukeganGrades: PK-6 | 76 students
1011 Porter Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.