Somerset Hills School
- Somerset Hills School is a private Residential Treatment Center. The education program is approved by the NJ Department of Education and has a day student component.
- Related services are provided which include: individual psychotherapy, and speech/occupational therapy.
- Reading specialist services are available and several teachers are trained in the Orton-Gillingham approach.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-11|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Disabilities, Dyslexia|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Stacey Alexander|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,|
Field Hockey, Soccer,
- LDT-C case manager for education program
- LCSW - case manager for residentail component
- Multisensory Orton-Gillingham approach to reading when necessary
- Interscholastic sports
- Extended school year for residential program
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Somerset Grades: PK-8 | 464 students
170 John F Kennedy Blvd
Somerset, NJ 08873
(732) 828-1402 5.5 PK-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.