Somerset Hills School
Somerset Hills School is a private Residential Treatment Center. The education program is approved by the NJ Department of Education and has a day student component.
Related services are provided which include: individual psychotherapy, and speech/occupational therapy.
Reading specialist services are available and several teachers are trained in the Orton-Gillingham approach.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 3-11
- Students: 75 students
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Learning Disabilities, Dyslexia
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Ms. Stacey Alexander
- LDT-C case manager for education program
- LCSW - case manager for residentail component
- Multisensory Orton-Gillingham approach to reading when necessary
- Interscholastic sports
- Extended school year for residential program
Endorse Somerset Hills School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.