Green Brook Academy
- Green Brook Academy is a private school servicing students in need of behavioral support due to emotional and behavioral disabilities.
- Our school philosophy has remained the same since our doors opened 30 years ago.
- "The Philosophy of an institution is the touchstone by which all those involved, in said institution; gain a sense of direction and mission".
- Green Brook Academy is a private school that believes that students with special learning problems due to severe emotional disturbance need an individualized program that combines academic skills with supportive counseling.
- Counseling is not an isolated agent, but rather an integral component of the entire school program.
- All staff are considered essential elements of the therapeutic process that will help students at Green Brook Academy achieve a sense of self-worth and work towards the goal of becoming contributing members of society.
- Students come to the Academy with a variety of experiences, skills, and emotional needs.
- The necessity to have the program tailored to their needs, rather than their needs ignored for a static program, shall be the foundation of the success of this institution.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Watchung Grades: 9-12 | 370 students
1645 Us Highway 22
Watchung, NJ 07069
(908)757-0108 6.7 9-12
- Basking Ridge Grades: 8-12 | 26 students
99 Lord Stirling Rd
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
(908)766-1786 9.6 8-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.