Cedar Hill Prep School
- Cedar Hill Preparatory School Cedar Hill Preparatory School is a private school which holds the philosophy of the curriculum and instruction is based on the premise that all children are gifted.
- However, the makeup of the Educational Environment is key to harnessing each child`s special gift.
- We feel children learn best in a safe, caring and nurturing environment that fosters partnerships between the family and the school.
- We aim to provide a diverse environment, abundant space and stimulating activities and we strive to empower children to reach their unique potential socially, physically, intellectually, and emotionally.
- We encourage all of our students to develop valuable intellectual and social skills, appreciate the richness of the world`s cultures, think independently, be curious and explore, reach their own unique potential, develop their character to become positive, confident and productive citizens.
- Cedar Hill Preparatory School is a private school that offers a combination of a forward thinking and clearly defined curriculum, a faculty promoting excellence in learning, and an environment that encourages social awareness and a commitment to cultivating meaningful relationships with our families.
- The small class sizes help each child get individual attention. Cedar Hill Prep School students perform consistently in the top 10% in the nation in standardized tests.
- Graduates from Cedar Hill Prep School have been accepted to: Bishop Ahr, Delbarton School, Hotchkiss School, Mercersburg Academy, Middlesex Academy for Science, Mathematics and Enineering Technologies, Mount Saint Mary, The Pingry School, Peddie School, Pennington School, Princeton Day School, St. Paul's School, The Hun School, St. Josephs High School, Bishop Ahr School, Immaculata High School, Rutgers Preparatory School, Watchung Hills Regional High School, North Hunterdon High School, Thomas Edison Charter School, McNair Academic High School, Phillips Academy Andover, The Union County Magnet High School, and Somerset County Vocational and Technical School for Health and Medical Sciences, Stuart Country Day School, Wardlaw Hartridge School and Wilbraham and Monson School
- CHP Virtual School - 08/26/2020 - Why is CHP Virtual School the Best?
a) Our students attend a full schedule of classes in a live, interactive classroom-like environment.
b) We have regular school hours, 5 ...moredays a week including STEM, P.E, Art, Music, World Languages, and extracurricular activities.
c) Students engage in peer-group activities - Learning is best when students get to socialize and collaborate.
d) We're safe, we're virtual, and we're still learning!
Limited Seats are Available to Attend! hide
- CHP Distance Learning - 08/26/2020 - The primary reason for starting the Distance Learning School is to make our education accessible to parents who do not live close to the school geographically, for students who have ...moremedical issues that prevent them from being in a school environment. The goal of the distance learning model is to support students become members of an active learning community. hide
Cedar Hill Prep School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017, 2018, 2019|
|Total Students||268 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Email our Admissions Director, Donna Jones, for details: firstname.lastname@example.org|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Donna Jones|
|Admissions Associate||Nandini Menon|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advanced Art Club, Chess, Debate League, Drama Club, Drawing Club, Lego Club, Mad Science, Reading and Writing Club, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Studio, Chorus, Piano
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Cedar Hill Preparatory School is a private school which holds the philosophy of the curriculum and instruction is based on the premise that all children are gifted. However, the makeup of the Educational Environment is key to harnessing each child`s special gift. We feel children learn best in a safe, caring and nurturing environment that fosters partnerships between the family and the school. We aim to provide a diverse environment, abundant space and stimulating activities and we strive to empower children to reach their unique potential socially, physically, intellectually, and emotionally.
- We encourage all of our students to: develop valuable intellectual and social skills, appreciate the richness of the world`s cultures, think independently, be curious and explore, reach their own unique potential, develop their character to become positive, confident and productive citizens.
- Cedar Hill Preparatory School is a private school that offers a combination of a forward thinking and clearly defined curriculum, a faculty promoting excellence in learning, and an environment that encourages social awareness and a commitment to cultivating meaningful relationships with our families. The small class sizes help each child get individual attention. Cedar Hill Prep School students perform consistently in the top 10% in the nation in standardized tests.
- Graduates from Cedar Hill Prep School have been accepted to The Pingry School, Peddie School, Princeton Day School, The Hun School, St. Josephs High School, Bishop Ahr School, Immaculata High School and Rutgers Prep.
- We give direct explicit instruction in Spelling, Grammar, Vocabulary, Writing, and Reading. We teach Singapore Math and Math applications in real life. Our Science program is a fully integrated curriculum including online and print text sources, interactive notebooks, and journals. Students connect Science to Current Events and debate issues. The Social Studies program enhances the NCSS C3 framework curriculum which includes multi-cultural studies. The program is a fully integrated integrated curriculum including online and print text sources. Students connect Social Studies to Current Events, debate issues, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and Literature. Students learn World Language including French and Spanish. In Grades 6 through 8, students take the National Spanish Honor Exam, receiving honors in gold, silver, and bronze. In addition, Engineering and Technology are taught once a week as separate subjects and are integrated into the content areas. Tutoring is available for students each week.
- Community Service: Mandatory for all students. - Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation - Environmental and Team Building - Stewardship Certificate - Team Building and Leadership Retreat
- Music is part of the curriculum from Preschool through Grade 8. Students can take additional voice and instrument lessons after school. We offer Acapella, Choir, Ukulele, Recorder, and Piano.
- Visual Art is part of the curriculum from Preschool through Grade 8. After school art programs are available.
- The Drama Program is part of the curriculum from Grade 3 through Grade 8. Students perform two events per year.
- Competitions / Leagues: Robocup Junior (World Champions) - Garden State Debate League - Scripps Spelling Bee - National Geography Bee (Finalists) - National History Bee (Finalists) - Math League (Top 10 in the Country - Math Counts (Best New School) - AMC 8 (Top 5% in the Country) - National Science Bowl - National Academic Quiz Tournament -Junior Solar Sprints (Regional Champions) - Bright School Science Competion (Finalists) - Verizon App Challenge
- Clubs: Art Clubs, Swim Club, Concert Choir, Book Club, Brickz for Kidz, Cermaics, Creative Writing, Instruments, Acapella, Debate Club, Piano and keyboarding, Reading and Writing Club, Mad Science and Robotics.
- Athletics: Middle School Basketball League, Middle School Soccer League
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gladstone Grades: NS-12 | 638 students
PO Box 604 / St. Bernard's Road
Gladstone, NJ 07934
(908) 243-1611 15.9 NS-12
Cedar Hill Prep is an amazing school with great culture, philosophy and leadership. Last year my son had to prepare and present a Black History Project, present to his class twice a week and "read" to the class at the end of the year. All of this happened in Preschool!!! He is now in Pre K and the bar continues to rise. Learning philosophy and class size allows the teachers to produce transformational growth. We will forever be thankful for finding CHP and starting our kids here early.
- Posted by Parent - Jones Family
Cedar Hill Prep School has been an amazing experience for our family from preschool to kindergarten. I don't know if you can find teachers who as dedicated, loving and caring as the teachers at this school! The school is diverse and every teacher staff member is attentive to our daughter and each and every student. I know my child is in the best possible place. She has not only learned so much but has grown more confident with all the nurturing and positive reinforcement that she has received. The school maintains a very humble atmosphere always. We are proud to be a part of this wonderful environment and it is one of the best decisions our family has ever made.
- Posted by Parent - Shalini and Ruchira Jayasuriya
CHP has been the best decision that we ever made for our daughter. My son is 2, I am waiting for him to also be a part of this great family environment. The teachers are the best that I have come across in my life. They care about each student, nurture them, and treat them like their own. The administration is very involved, everyone knows each student by name. The academics are excellent, as are the values constantly reinforced of compassion, kindness and diversity. I still cannot imagine that we are so fortunate to have found such an amazing environment where our kids can thrive without worrying about safety, cleanliness, bullying, violence, etc. In a world of tragedies day in and day out, I am at peace knowing my child is in the best hands. Thank you CHP!
- Posted by Parent - Shalini Sirisena
Cedar Hill Prep is a great school. My son has been attending Cedar Hill since the second grade and will be graduating this summer from the eighth grade. Cedar Hill Prep has helped him to learn at an accelerated rate and the academics are challenging and encourage positive growth. The class sizes are small, which allows for personal attention. A number of school electives they offer are solar sprints, future city, and robotics (all STEM courses), just to name a few. Some extracurricular include Science Olympiad, Athletics, Theater, Music, and Debate Team. Cedar Hill is not only well-rounded but also has a nurturing environment. My family is very pleased to say that we are part of this warm and friendly community. The founder, principal, school faculty, and staff are very proactive in helping to nurture and assist in guiding the students in a positive direction. My son will be attending one of this nation's top high schools because of Cedar Hill Prep School. Thank you, Mrs. Nan.
- Posted by Parent - cueston
Cedar Hill Prep school offers quality education at an affordable price. Teachers are qualified, friendly and accessible. They take personal interest in every child`s academic advancement and social development. The school offers multiple after-school clubs & sports activities. The school teams have won awards in national/international level competitions in debate and robotics. Most importantly, my kids have had fun as they learnt, and they don`t want to miss even one day at school !
- Posted by Parent - Dr Gupta
Cedar Hill Prep has been a wonderful educational experience for our daughters (Pre-K 3 and 1st Grade) and us from the start. The staff are warm and welcoming and truly care about the academic and social development of every CHP student. They encourage each child to express their opinion and communicate with their educators and peers to ensure his/her continued educational growth. The curriculum and cohesive atmosphere offers a perfect balance of education, social interaction and cultural awareness that serves as a solid foundation to prepare young children for their future education. Cedar Hill Prep offers the opportunity for children to appreciate the differences in cultures at a very early stage in their lives to enable them to appreciate and celebrate diversity. CHP is the best decision we have made for our daughters' future.
- Posted by Parent - C and R R.