- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 260 students
- Yearly Tuition: $16,500
- Acceptance rate: 30%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- CHP Hosts Holiday Bazaar - 12/05/2023Cedar Hill Prep PTO Committee is proud to host this year's Holiday Bazaar on December 8, 2023, from 10 AM 6 PM. Get ready for the holiday season with our local community vendors who will showcase a wide range of exclusive, handcrafted gifts and artifacts. Shop from a huge array of options including jewelry, candles, chocolates, ornaments, wooden home dcor, and much more!
- CHP Middle Schoolers Win Hearts Through Kindness - 11/29/2023Cedar Hill Prep students donated over 2,000 pairs of socks to local shelters!
- Cedar Hill Prep Students Advanced to the National Finals in Arlington VA - 06/10/2023Cedar Hill Prep School congratulates its twelve students who participated in the National Finals of the International Academic Competitions from June 1st June 4th. Having advanced from the Regional Competitions to the 2023 National Championships of the National History Bee, International Geography Bee, National Science Bee, and US Academic Bee, these CHP students were thrilled to have an opportunity to join over 1800 students from around the U.S. at this next level of competition. Congratulations to Samarth Dakhera, Shivad Desai, Vihaan Patel, & Yajur Subramaniam (4th graders), Vishnu Badhan (5th grade), Meghana Indupuru (6th grade), Shray Chandwani, Revant Jear, Ayan Joshi, Sahith Mangu, & Aakash Mehta (7th graders), and Narayan Lekhi (8th grader) for their terrific participation in these buzzer-based 4-day competitions where many of them competed in more than one Bee! These 12 competitors supported one another throughout and were so happy to rally as Samarth, Yajur, and Meghana became Quarterfinalists in their respective competitions, then followed by Yajur becoming a Semi-finalist in the U.S. Academic Bee! CHP is so proud of the motivation, effort, and sportsmanship that these 12 students put forth! Congratulations to all!
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Advanced Art Club, Chess, Debate League, Drama Club, Drawing Club, Lego Club, Mad Science, Reading and Writing Club, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Studio, Chorus, Piano
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Cedar Hill Preparatory School is a private school that holds the philosophy of the curriculum and instruction is based on the premise that all children are gifted. However, the makeup of the Educational Environment is key to harnessing each child`s special gift. We feel children learn best in a safe, caring, and nurturing environment that fosters partnerships between the family and the school. We aim to provide a diverse environment, abundant space, and stimulating activities and we strive to empower children to reach their unique potential socially, physically, intellectually, and emotionally.
- We encourage all of our students to: develop valuable intellectual and social skills, appreciate the richness of the world`s cultures, think independently, be curious and explore, reach their own unique potential, develop their character to become positive, confident, and productive citizens.
- Cedar Hill Preparatory School is a private school that offers a combination of a forward-thinking and clearly defined curriculum, a faculty promoting excellence in learning, and an environment that encourages social awareness and a commitment to cultivating meaningful relationships with our families. The small class sizes help each child get individual attention.Cedar Hill Prep School students perform consistently in the top 10% in the nation in standardized tests.
- Graduates from Cedar Hill Prep School have been accepted to The Pingry School, Peddie School, Princeton Day School, The Hun School, St. Josephs High School, Bishop Ahr School, Immaculata High School and Rutgers Prep.
- We give direct explicit instruction in Spelling, Grammar, Vocabulary, Writing, and Reading. We teach Singapore Math and Math applications in real life. Our Science program is a fully integrated curriculum including online and print text sources, interactive notebooks, and journals. Students connect Science to Current Events and debate issues. The Social Studies program enhances the NCSS C3 framework curriculum which includes multi-cultural studies. The program is a fully integrated integrated curriculum including online and print text sources. Students connect Social Studies to Current Events, debate issues, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and Literature. Students learn World Languages including French and Spanish. In Grades 6 through 8, students take the National Spanish Honor Exam, receiving honors in gold, silver, and bronze. In addition, Engineering and Technology are taught once a week as separate subjects and are integrated into the content areas. Tutoring is available for students each week.
- Community Service: Mandatory for all students. - Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation - Environmental and Team Building - Stewardship Certificate - Team Building and Leadership Retreat
- Music is part of the curriculum from Preschool through Grade 8. Students can take additional voice and instrument lessons after school. We offer Acapella, Choir, Ukulele, Recorder, and Piano.
- Visual Art is part of the curriculum from Preschool through Grade 8. After-school art programs are available.
- The Drama Program is part of the curriculum from Grade 3 through Grade 8. Students perform two events per year.
- Competitions / Leagues: Robocup Junior (World Champions) - Garden State Debate League - Scripps Spelling Bee - National Geography Bee (Finalists) - National History Bee (Finalists) - Math League (Top 10 in the Country - Math Counts (Best New School) - AMC 8 (Top 5% in the Country) - National Science Bowl - National Academic Quiz Tournament -Junior Solar Sprints (Regional Champions) - Bright School Science Competition (Finalists) - Verizon App Challenge
- Clubs: Art Clubs, Swim Club, Concert Choir, Book Club, Brickz for Kidz, Ceramics, Creative Writing, Instruments, Acapella, Debate Club, Piano and keyboarding, Reading and Writing Club, Mad Science and Robotics.
- Athletics: Middle School Basketball League, Middle School Soccer League
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Cedar Hill Prep School cost?
What is the acceptance rate of Cedar Hill Prep School?
Does Cedar Hill Prep School offer a summer program?
What sports does Cedar Hill Prep School offer?
What is Cedar Hill Prep School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Cedar Hill Prep School?
Endorse Cedar Hill Prep School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards