Cedar Hill Prep School
- Best NJ Prep School Info:CEDAR HILL PREP SCHOOL Background Cedar Hill Prep School was founded in 2003 under the name Oakcrest Academy.
- We moved to Cedar Grove Lane in 2008 under the name Cedar Hill Prep School.
- Purpose: To provide an education for students in Preschool through Grade 8, on par with the best schools, by implementing the best practices in education from around the world.
- FAST FACTS Cedar Hill Prep Student Statistics: All students scored in the top 20% of the Nation on the Terranova Multiple Assessment Exam (tested on all 4 subjects - English, Math, Science and Social Studies).
- Seventy percent of the student population in K-8 are in the top 5% of the nation in the standardized tests.
- Grade 8 students score between 1930 2400/2400 in the SSAT exam which is the Independent School Entrance Examination.
- Three years in a row in the Nationals for History Bee.
- Two years in a row in the Nationals for Geography Bee.
- Top New School in Math Counts Ranked 21st in the county in Math League for Grade 8 Top 50 in the Nation in the Bright Schools Science Contest (only 2 NJ schools made the list).
- Garden State Debate Tournament Champions for 2016. East Coast Debate Tournament CHP speakers are the top 10% in the East Coast( out of 270 speakers).
- US Champions in Robocup Junior 2016 and World Champions in OnStage Primary Super Team competition in Leipzig, Germany.
- More than 75% of the Grade 8 graduating class of 2016 received scholarships for merit (50 -100%) to attend top Private High Schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017|
|Total Students||268 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1480|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||Email our Admissions Director, Ruth Sulitzer, for details: email@example.com|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ruth Sulitzer|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Basketball, Broadcasting, Broadcasting Club, Chess, Debate League, Lego Club, Mad Science, Robotics, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Chorus, Art Studio, Chorus, Piano
TOP NJ PREP SCHOOL FACTS
- Cedar Hill Prep offers a comprehensive, non-sectarian education for students in Preschool through Grade 8.
- Engineering is included in the Middle School curriculum.
- Our primary focus is to develop the academic minds of our students while supporting their emotional and social needs within the context of a welcoming environment.
- Instruction is disseminated in a small group setting with accommodations made for differentiated instruction.
- Students` education is further enhanced with experiential learning opportunities, off-campus trips, and project-based assignments.
- Cedar Hill Preparatory enjoys a diverse community with students and faculty representing more than 20 nationalities.
- Students` educational experiences are enhanced with opportunities for public speaking, presentations, creative expression, and teamwork.
- Beginning in Grade 2, students participate in national competitions (Math League, Geography Bee, Odyssey of Mind, Science League, National Language Arts Competition), the National Elementary Honor Society, and the New Jersey Students in Action Service Learning Program for Middle School.
- Our active PTO`s mission is to enrich our families` Cedar Hill Prep experience by fostering a sense of community and purpose.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SomersetGrades: PK-12 | 691 students
1345 Easton Ave
Somerset, NJ 08873
- EdisonGrades: PK-12 | 446 students
1295 Inman Ave
Edison, NJ 08820
- Basking RidgeGrades: K-12 | 1129 students
131 Martinsville Road
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- Far HillsGrades: PK-8
Far Hills, NJ 07931
- GladstoneGrades: NS-12 | 670 students
St. Bernard's Road
Gladstone, NJ 07934