Raritan Valley Montessori Academy
- Celebrating 50 years, we are a community of students, parents and faculty defined by and committed to the four pillars of our mission; excellence, universal values, global understanding and service to others.
- Academic preparation is not our only goal. We develop social skills, emotional growth, global citizenship and responsibility and physical coordination.
- We encourage the development of self-esteem, self-motivation, enthusiasm for learning, and being closely bonded to our community and the world. It is our committment that our students respect themselves, each other and the environment.
- This philosophy permeates our teaching of children from toddlers through 6th grade.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform for elementary)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by program and number of days.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||art, drama, karate, sports|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Princeton Grades: NS-8 | 212 students
487 Cherry Valley Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609)924-4594 14.3 NS-8
- Bridgewater Grades: PK-K | 60 students
500 Route 22
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(908)725-0552 4 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.