Princeton Montessori School
Princeton Montessori School Photo #2 - Pre-school children work on understanding and naming the geographical land and water forms using hands-on and engaging material.
Princeton Montessori School Photo #3 - A Middle School student explains his science experiment at the annual Science Fair.
Princeton Montessori School Photo #4 - A toddler uses all five senses to understand and appreciate her world.
Princeton Montessori School Photo #5 - Elementary students learn the skills necessary to take our three sports to any level they choose. Soccer is our Fall sport, Winter is tennis, and Spring is golf. Our sport program is taught by professionals in each sport.
Princeton Montessori School Photo #6 - Our Infant Center is for babies of 6 weeks to 18 months and is a light-filled, calm and serene space for our youngest students to move about freely under the watchful eyes of our Montessori-certified Infant teachers. The nap room adjoins the main room; babies may nap on their own schedule, each one in their own bed.
- Princeton Montessori School, founded in 1968, is an independent, coeducational day school, dedicated to the highest quality education of children, from infancy through middle school, according to the values and principles of the Montessori philosophy.
- The teachers nurture the individual child`s innate abilities and self-exploration, and provide children with the skills and foundation for leading full lives.
- Parents are supported through educational resources and classes and encouraged to be active participants in the school community.
- The recruitment, training and continued mentorship of talented teachers, along with the integrated curriculum and environments which are tailored to meet the developmental needs of the individual child, are the priorities of the School.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program. Please see Admissions tab of website for current schedules and fees. We understand your decision to attend Princeton Montessori School involves many considerations, including affordability. For this reason, we encourage all families to explore their eligibility for the tuition awards and savings availablehttp://princetonmontessori.org/admissions/affording-pmonts/|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tracey Baskin|
|Admissions Associate||Tracey Baskin|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Climbing, Dance, Golf, Martial Arts, Soccer, TennisArchery, Basketball,|
Golf, Martial Arts,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
book club (with parent), cermamics, Chinese, Clubs: Clubs for elementary students vary each year: currently Lego, Creative Paper & Art, French, Montessori Model United Nations (Middle School students), Spanish cooking
Arts and Music Programs:
drums, guitar, Private Music Lessons: piano, violin
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball for Middle School students, Golf (1st-8th grade), Soccer (1st-8th grade), Tennis (age 3-11)
Five multiage programs are offered:
- Infant (through 18 months)
- Toddler (through three years)
- Primary (through Kindergarten)
- Elementary (through Fifth grade)
- Middle School (through Eighth grade)
Before- and after-school programs extend the hours of operation 7:30am - 6:00pm.
Find out about our summer program - SummerQuest.
Schedule a tour of the school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Princeton Grades: NS-12 | 960 students
650 Great Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609)924-6700 1.4 NS-12
- Bridgewater Grades: NS-6 | 132 students
120 Finderne Avenue
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(908)595-2900 14.3 NS-6
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.