- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 223 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: Mar. 10 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Chapin School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Amazing Warrior, Chess, Golf, Legos, Little Legos, Mad Science, Mosaics, Natural Explorers, Pillo Polo, Sustainability
Arts and Music Programs:
Boys' Ensemble, Chamber Choir, Chamber Strings, Girls' Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Private lessons, Show Choir, Wind Ensemble
- Chapin School Princeton seeks to instill respect, responsibility, honesty, kindness and perseverance in its students as it fully prepares them, academically and personally, for secondary school.
- We help students prepare to be successful at the most prestigious secondary schools in the area. Class sizes are small, and opportunities for learning abound in Chapin's technology centers, science labs, library, theater, design lab, and athletic facilities.
- At Chapin, students are inspired to excel in their studies while becoming good people. Studies are interwoven with character-building concepts. We prepare students to pursue their dreams while making the world a better place.
- Families, teachers, and students at Chapin form a vibrant and diverse community. Students can take advantage of athletic and service opportunities while their families can enjoy the multitude of school events held throughout the year.
- The Lower School introduces students in pre-kindergarten to fourth grade to a wide variety of educational subjects and begins to instill a lifetime love of learning. In our elementary school, students start their learning experience in a supportive environment, with hands-on, integrated technology, and parental involvement. By the time they move on to the Upper School, they've received instruction in language, music, art, mathematics, science, and history and have learned to manage academic responsibility with instructor support.
- The Upper School (Chapin's middle school) helps students in the fifth through eighth grades develop critical thinking and analytical skills. We combine challenging academic work in math, social studies, English, world languages, and science with the emotional support to promote lifelong healthy decision-making. Chapin believes that learning is enhanced by arts, music, and culture. So, students are encouraged to explore their interests in the broad range of co-curricular, character development, art, and technology courses offered at Chapin. Every student in eighth grade at Chapin is also required to take at least one course in service learning.When students graduate from Chapin, they have an academic background and strength of character that will benefit them for the rest of their lives. Contact the admissions office to get your student started on the Chapin path today.
Endorse Chapin School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards