5.00 (1 review)
Chapin School Photo #2 - Our student body is divided amongst middle school and elementary school students who are highly prepared to attend the most competitive and challenging secondary private schools in the nation.
Chapin School Photo #3 - Chapin School Princeton focuses on Collaborative Learning through STEAM, Arts, Music, and Athletics. Our students are highly prepared to attend the most competitive and challenging secondary private schools in the nation.
- About Chapin School Our student body is divided amongst middle school and elementary school students; grades fifth through eighth and pre-K through fourth, respectively.
- Immersing our students in the arts, sports, STEAM, and more, we make sure your children experience the full spectrum of a private education and sustain the motivation required for them to succeed.
- At Chapin School Princeton, students are pushed toward their potential through collaborative learning and diverse extracurricular activities.
- By cultivating their curiosity and capturing their attention, we transform our students into high achievers and compassionate citizens.
- We invite you to learn more about Chapin School Princeton and what sets us apart from other private schools by scheduling an on-site visit today.
Chapin School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 10 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Christy Welborne|
|Admissions Associate||Karen Hepburn|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Amazing Warrior, Chess, Golf, Legos, Little Legos, Mad Science, Mosaics, Natural Explorers, Pillo Polo, Sustainability
Arts and Music Programs:
Boys' Ensemble, Chamber Choir, Chamber Strings, Girls' Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Private lessons, Show Choir, Wind Ensemble
- Chapin School Princeton seeks to instill respect, responsibility, honesty, kindness and perseverance in its students as it fully prepares them, academically and personally, for secondary school.
- We help students prepare to be successful at the most prestigious secondary schools in the area. Class sizes are small, and opportunities for learning abound in Chapin's technology centers, science labs, library, theater, design lab, and athletic facilities.
- At Chapin, students are inspired to excel in their studies while becoming good people. Studies are interwoven with character-building concepts. We prepare students to pursue their dreams while making the world a better place.
- Families, teachers, and students at Chapin form a vibrant and diverse community. Students can take advantage of athletic and service opportunities while their families can enjoy the multitude of school events held throughout the year.
- The Lower School introduces students in pre-kindergarten to fourth grade to a wide variety of educational subjects and begins to instill a lifetime love of learning. In our elementary school, students start their learning experience in a supportive environment, with hands-on, integrated technology, and parental involvement. By the time they move on to the Upper School, they've received instruction in language, music, art, mathematics, science, and history and have learned to manage academic responsibility with instructor support.
- The Upper School (Chapin's middle school) helps students in the fifth through eighth grades develop critical thinking and analytical skills. We combine challenging academic work in math, social studies, English, world languages, and science with the emotional support to promote lifelong healthy decision-making. Chapin believes that learning is enhanced by arts, music, and culture. So, students are encouraged to explore their interests in the broad range of co-curricular, character development, art, and technology courses offered at Chapin. Every student in eighth grade at Chapin is also required to take at least one course in service learning.When students graduate from Chapin, they have an academic background and strength of character that will benefit them for the rest of their lives. Contact the admissions office to get your student started on the Chapin path today.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Princeton Grades: NS-12 | 960 students
650 Great Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609)924-6700 3.5 NS-12
- Princeton Grades: NS-8 | 212 students
487 Cherry Valley Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609)924-4594 4.8 NS-8
- Princeton Grades: PK-8 | 300 students
218 Nassau St
Princeton, NJ 08542
(609)921-7587 3.5 PK-8
Chapin School Princeton is truly an amazing place. Children learn how to be terrific students and wonderful,people. They are always challenged, yet always supported and guided through those challenges. A truly special place.
- Posted by Parent - Jeffb
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.