Princeton Junior School
Tel: (609) 924-8126
- Princeton Junior School is a private (independent), coeducational, nondenominational, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for 100 children ages 2 through Grade V. The School, located on seven beautiful acres on the Princeton border, provides a safe and nurturing environment in which children acquire the academic skills to become lifelong learners and good citizens of the world.
- Princeton Junior School is committed to selecting and cultivating passionate learners, attracting an exceptional faculty dedicated to academic and character development, and creating and nourishing a spirited and varied school community. The School`s philosophy of education teaches children to build on core knowledge, increasing the depth and strength of that knowledge as they mature. The central tenets of the educational program lie in its rich and challenging curriculum and attentive faculty, enabling Princeton Junior School to pursue the highest academic standards with an International Baccalaureate curriculum while respecting and nurturing individual styles of learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Katie Pottinger|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Cooking and Baking, Filmmaking, Hiking, Karate, Mandarin, Pop Art, School Paper, Soccer, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Private Musical Instrument Instruction
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Princeton Junior School`s IB curriculum meets the highest standards of knowledge and skills for its students, age 2 through Grade V. The curriculum is developed to challenge each student at his or her stage of development. At the core of all teaching at PJS is the belief that effective written and oral communication skills are essential. In our teaching, we attempt to balance the conceptual and the concrete by giving children opportunities to apply their knowledge and skills to real-life situations. Our aim is to graduate self-confident, responsible and independent students who enthusiastically revere life and learning, in a global society. PJS is an International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program school, and one of the most diverse independent elementary schools in New Jersey.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Princeton Grades: PK-12 | 861 students
650 Great Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 924-6700 3.7 PK-12
- Princeton Grades: NS-8 | 193 students
75 Mapleton Rd
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 430-3001 5.6 NS-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.