Waldorf School of Princeton
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The Waldorf School of Princeton, part of an independent progressive educational movement of over 1000 Rudolf Steiner schools worldwide, is dedicated to an integrative approach to learning.
- Through a rigorous curriculum integrating the academic, the artistic, and the practical, the Waldorf School of Princeton developes and directs children's capacities for learning.
- This education also encourages children to foster self-knowledge and cultivates skills for meeting tomorrow's world by awakening within them warmth of heart, clarity of thought, and strength of purpose.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress that does not distract from classroom learning)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,640|
|Tuition Notes||The school offers a high quality education at a more affordable price than comparable Princeton private schools, as well as generous tuition assistance to qualified applicants.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Diane Barlow|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, TennisBasketball, Cross Country,|
- The Waldorf School of Princeton, part of an independent progressive educational movement of over 1000 Rudolf Steiner schools worldwide, is dedicated to an integrative approach to learning. Through a rigorous curriculum integrating the academic, the artistic, and the practical, the Waldorf School of Princeton developes and directs children's capacities for learning. This education also encourages children to foster self-knowledge and cultivates skills for meeting tomorrow's world by awakening within them warmth of heart, clarity of thought, and strength of purpose.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Princeton Grades: PK-12 | 960 students
650 Great Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609)924-6700 2.8 PK-12
- Princeton Grades: NS-8 | 212 students
487 Cherry Valley Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609)924-4594 1.6 NS-8
- Gladstone Grades: PK-12 | 693 students
St. Bernard's Road
Gladstone, NJ 07934
(908)243-1611 22.9 PK-12
I vividly remember the day we first visited the school when my son was still new to walking. The way he srote into the yard behind the Golden House told us all we needed to know: He had come home. Words cannot express the depth of gratitude we feel for the ways the Waldorf School of Princeton and the academic community it sustains have contributed to our son's development as a student, as an artist, and as a human being and to our lives as a family. As with the notion of Ubuntu that we learn from South African Zulus, my son is who he is because of this community. We cannot imagine the person he would be now, and the adult he will become, without the nurturing cocoon the school gave him to take shape in. My son's roots reach down deep into the rich, nourishing soil the school has given him to grow in. I can imagine no surer foundation to stand on and build upon. He has been blessed, as has our whole family.
- Posted by Parent - William R. Bauer
Nearly every day I hear a story that reminds me how grateful I am for Waldorf. I am not aware of any education that does a better job of preparing children for life. Beyond doing an excellent job of teaching core academics, the Waldorf School of Princeton has taught my son to believe in his own abilities; that he can do just about anything with perseverence and time. He's hard wired for empathy; he know what he needs, and he wants to know what others need from him. Lessons always provide a perspective on context, so that by 8th grade I can see he's got a very good sense of how the pieces of the world fit together. The product: a smart, self-advocating teenager who doesn't cave at challenges, who advocates for himself and others, with strong relationships and an ability to figure out the answers to the many questions that spring from his curious mind. Visit the Waldorf School of Princeton - you might just have one of the best experiences of your life. We did.
- Posted by Parent - Trisha Merriam
The Waldorf School of Princeton has given our daughter a rigorous, disciplined education where the arts and movement play an integral part making the lessons come alive. Waldorf pedagogy is based on thoughtful insights into child development (physical, emotional and spiritual) that meets students at their precise stage of development so that lessons can be deeply and completely learned. The tools of technology and media exposure are sidelined in favor of giving each child a greater opportunity to become completely immersed in the experience of their education. The product - seen at the 8th Grade graduation when each child addresses the assembly - is an unusually mature, poised and enthusiastic high-school student who invariably succeeds in whatever they do. We are so fortunate that our daughter is at this school!
- Posted by Parent - nrumi
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.