Waldorf School of Princeton
- Waldorf education is the fastest growing independent school movement in the world. We ignite your child`s creativity, passion, and resilience. We instill self-confidence. We inspire achievement with a strong moral compass.
- Waldorf students thrive and make an impact wherever they choose to go. Our curriculum uniquely combines the diligence of science with the inspiration of the arts and the values of social responsibility. Our beautiful campus and a caring community of teachers and families form the perfect environment. Come visit us and see for yourself.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||147 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,893|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website to learn more about our tuition assistance program: https://www.princetonwaldorf.org/tuition-assistance|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Admissions Coordinator|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross CountryBasketball, Cross Country,|
- The Waldorf School of Princeton, part of a rapidly growing global educational movement, offers a compelling alternative to mainstream education in central New Jersey.
- We are dedicated to igniting each child`s unique potential and passions, instilling self-confidence, and inspiring achievement with a strong moral compass. We lead our students towards high accomplishment without forcing them into standardized norms. They become curious, caring and engaged citizens of their local and global communities - who will thrive and make an impact wherever they choose to go.
- Our rich interdisciplinary curriculum is distinct in the way we integrate the academic, the artistic, and the practical in every lesson. The pace, priorities, and practices of Waldorf education are guided by the insights about child development first introduced 100 years ago by the pedagogical innovator Rudolf Steiner. This approach is firmly validated by neuroscience and proven to help students grow and flourish intellectually, emotionally and socially. Today, it is more relevant than ever.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Princeton Grades: PK-12 | 861 students
650 Great Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609)924-6700 2.8 PK-12
- Princeton Grades: NS-8 | 212 students
487 Cherry Valley Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609)924-4594 1.6 NS-8
We cannot say enough about this school. It has and continues to be a truly awesome experience for both ourselves as parents and for our daughter as a student. They have helped our daughter blossom into a confident, empathetic, and friendly little person which she was struggling with before starting due to being painfully shy and unsure. It is not just down to the classroom environment though; it is due to in large part to the tireless efforts of the teachers to encourage and gently draw her out of her shell. We are so grateful to have found them.
- Posted by Parent - Marchese
We absolutely love WSP and recommend it to all of our friends, family, and neighbors. The education philosophy is to help children grow holistically rather than forcing them to learn things that they don't care for. The emphasis on the child's emotions health is strong and all of the teachers and staff are emotionally strong and capable of helping students. We have both of our kids attending this wonderful school and plan on keeping them here until 8th grade. Hopefully they can build a high school by then.
- Posted by Parent - Saad Mughal
Moving my child to Waldorf Early Childhood program was one of the best decisions we've ever made. My very serious, anxious child has blossomed into a secure, resilient, joyful, creative kid who loves school. The teachers are exceptional and have taught us so much about how to parent well. From the moment we stepped on campus we knew this was the environment we wanted for our daughter. The campus is beautiful and restful. They spend a ton of time every day learning through outdoor play and engaging the natural world. Her imagination and creativity are cultivated through art and music and story-telling. The teachers do a beautiful job of building community, supporting individual needs, and teaching empathy. Every time I look into her classroom it's humming with joy and peace. I've never seen such content, grounded kids. Frankly, I wish I could spend my days there. If you are looking for a nurturing environment where your child will flourish, do yourself a favor and go tour the Waldorf School of Princeton.
- Posted by Parent - AFW
This is more than just a school. It's a unique community of like minded families who work together to build a family. The draw for Waldorf for me is the goal of building great people vs building great test takers. The gift of a Waldorf education is one that I am happy to share with my child.
- Posted by Parent - J-dog
I vividly remember the day we first visited the school when my son was still new to walking. The way he srote into the yard behind the Golden House told us all we needed to know: He had come home. Words cannot express the depth of gratitude we feel for the ways the Waldorf School of Princeton and the academic community it sustains have contributed to our son's development as a student, as an artist, and as a human being and to our lives as a family. As with the notion of Ubuntu that we learn from South African Zulus, my son is who he is because of this community. We cannot imagine the person he would be now, and the adult he will become, without the nurturing cocoon the school gave him to take shape in. My son's roots reach down deep into the rich, nourishing soil the school has given him to grow in. I can imagine no surer foundation to stand on and build upon. He has been blessed, as has our whole family.
- Posted by Parent - William R. Bauer
Nearly every day I hear a story that reminds me how grateful I am for Waldorf. I am not aware of any education that does a better job of preparing children for life. Beyond doing an excellent job of teaching core academics, the Waldorf School of Princeton has taught my son to believe in his own abilities; that he can do just about anything with perseverence and time. He's hard wired for empathy; he know what he needs, and he wants to know what others need from him. Lessons always provide a perspective on context, so that by 8th grade I can see he's got a very good sense of how the pieces of the world fit together. The product: a smart, self-advocating teenager who doesn't cave at challenges, who advocates for himself and others, with strong relationships and an ability to figure out the answers to the many questions that spring from his curious mind. Visit the Waldorf School of Princeton - you might just have one of the best experiences of your life. We did.
- Posted by Parent - Trisha Merriam
The Waldorf School of Princeton has given our daughter a rigorous, disciplined education where the arts and movement play an integral part making the lessons come alive. Waldorf pedagogy is based on thoughtful insights into child development (physical, emotional and spiritual) that meets students at their precise stage of development so that lessons can be deeply and completely learned. The tools of technology and media exposure are sidelined in favor of giving each child a greater opportunity to become completely immersed in the experience of their education. The product - seen at the 8th Grade graduation when each child addresses the assembly - is an unusually mature, poised and enthusiastic high-school student who invariably succeeds in whatever they do. We are so fortunate that our daughter is at this school!
- Posted by Parent - nrumi