New Road School Of Somerset
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Disabilities, Other Health Impaired, Multiple Disabilities, Cognitive Impairments, Emotional Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||116 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Softball,|
- The New Road School of Somerset first opened its doors in 1989 in a modest schoolhouse on Cortelyou Lane with an enrollment of 60 students. Today, we're a vibrant, thriving specialized private education facility serving approximately 180 special needs students aged 12 to 21, from grade 7 through post-high school graduation. As New Road Schools of New Jersey's flagship school, we're now housed in a sprawling 54,000-square-foot building that provides the ideal setting for our unique brand of academic instruction and a time-proven, truly effective educational model. This model is primarily based on two founding philosophies: Learning by Doing and the Micro-Community Concept. Here at New Road, we believe that students facing learning, language, and social challenges are best served by interactive, hands-on approaches to education. Our positive learning environment therefore features small class sizes, one-on-one instruction, and structured behavior management systems enhanced by positive reinforcement techniques. To best equip our students with the tools they need to succeed in the classroom, at home, and in the community, we offer life skills training, career preparation, and social development programs in addition to our core academic curriculum. At the New Road School of Somerset, we design our programs to focus on the specific learning strengths and needs of each student. Because we individualize our programs, we're able to meet the student at his or her own performance level, and the student advances at his or her own pace. In the process, self-esteem grows and self-motivation blossoms. For over two decades now, the New Road School of Somerset has been successfully carrying out the New Road guiding principle for countless young adults: Building Confidence and Competence through Personalized Academic Interventions and Career Preparation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Somerset Grades: 2-12 | 83 students
2 Riverview Drive
Somerset, NJ 08873
(908) 253-3870 6.9 2-12
- Bound Brook Grades: 7-12 | 34 students
151 Vosseller Ave.
Bound Brook, NJ 08805
(732) 469-8677 1.4 7-12
- Chatham Grades: 2-12 | 160 students
21 Lum Ave
Chatham, NJ 07928
(973) 635-1700 15.5 2-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.