South Bay Christian Academy
Tel: (619)585-0600 Ext. 30
South Bay Christian Academy Photo #3 - Teacher and student working one on one in the Elementary classroom
South Bay Christian Academy Photo #4 - Elementary students during Junior Convention competition at Azusa Pacific University
South Bay Christian Academy Photo #5 - Our senior boys team during Regional Student Convention competition at the Universtiy of Redlands
South Bay Christian Academy Photo #6 - One of the students receiving their diploma during the Commencement Ceremony
- South Bay Christian Academy was born from a dream of our founder, Rev. Arthur Hodges, Jr. over forty years ago.
- SBCA is regionally accredited with the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI).
- SBCA is dedicated to educating children from Kindergarten through Senior High School in principles of "how to live" as well as "how to make a living" as Christians in the 21st Century.
- Providing for academic excellence and a biblical worldview are foundational to the mission and purpose of SBCA.
- According to the dictionary, education is the process of educating or of being educated; a stage of such a process; the knowledge and development resulting from an educational process.
- To educate is to provide schooling for; to train by formal instruction and supervised practice especially in a skill, trade, or profession; to develop mentally, morally, or aesthetically especially by instruction.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Language-based and Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||If not enrolled during prior term, curriculum and tech fees may be added.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||99 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Southwestern College courses|
|Average SAT score||1000|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniformed jumpers/skirts, and pants; oxford and polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid, scholarships, tuition assistance is available!|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Devereaux Lloyd|
|Admissions Associate||Jessica Varela|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Thespians, Vocal and Instrumental Music Programs
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs
- South Bay Christian Academy was born from a dream of our founder, Rev. Arthur Hodges, Jr. over forty years ago. SBCA is dedicated to educating children from Kindergarten through Senior High School in principles of "how to live" as well as "how to make a living" as Christians in the 21st Century. According to the dictionary, education is the process of educating or of being educated; a stage of such a process; the knowledge and development resulting from an educational process. To educate is to provide schooling for; to train by formal instruction and supervised practice especially in a skill, trade, or profession; to develop mentally, morally, or aesthetically especially by instruction. Our educational methods are working: Standardized test results have shown our students increase, on average, 1.4 years academically for each year of instruction! Since we also offer online classes and distance learning, SBCA has a combination that is right for you and your family!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chula Vista Grades: 9-12 | 869 students
1615 Mater Dei Dr
Chula Vista, CA 91913
(619)423-2121 6.7 9-12
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.