South Bay Christian Academy
South Bay Christian Academy Photo #2 - Teacher and student working one on one in the Elementary classroom
South Bay Christian Academy Photo #3 - Students from the Primary class on a "dress up" day during Spirit Week
South Bay Christian Academy Photo #4 - Elementary students during Junior Convention competition at Azusa Pacific University
South Bay Christian Academy Photo #5 - Our senior boys team during Regional Student Convention competition at the Universtiy of Redlands
South Bay Christian Academy Photo #6 - One of the students receiving their diploma during the Commencement Ceremony
- South Bay Christian Academy was born from a dream of our founder, Rev. Arthur Hodges, Jr. over forty years ago.
- SBCA is regionally accredited with the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI).
- SBCA is dedicated to educating children from Kindergarten through Senior High School in principles of "how to live" as well as "how to make a living" as Christians in the 21st Century.
- Providing for academic excellence and a biblical worldview are foundational to the mission and purpose of SBCA.
- According to the dictionary, education is the process of educating or of being educated; a stage of such a process; the knowledge and development resulting from an educational process.
- To educate is to provide schooling for; to train by formal instruction and supervised practice especially in a skill, trade, or profession; to develop mentally, morally, or aesthetically especially by instruction.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Language-based and Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1000|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniformed jumpers/skirts, and pants; oxford and polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,800|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid, scholarships, tuition assistance is available!|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Devereaux Lloyd|
|Admissions Associate||Roseanne Nobbs|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Vocal and Instrumental Music Programs
- South Bay Christian Academy was born from a dream of our founder, Rev. Arthur Hodges, Jr. over forty years ago. SBCA is dedicated to educating children from Kindergarten through Senior High School in principles of "how to live" as well as "how to make a living" as Christians in the 21st Century. According to the dictionary, education is the process of educating or of being educated; a stage of such a process; the knowledge and development resulting from an educational process. To educate is to provide schooling for; to train by formal instruction and supervised practice especially in a skill, trade, or profession; to develop mentally, morally, or aesthetically especially by instruction. Our educational methods are working: Standardized test results have shown our students increase, on average, 1.4 years academically for each year of instruction! Since we also offer online classes and distance learning, SBCA has a combination that is right for you and your family!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chula Vista Grades: 9-12 | 869 students
1615 Mater Dei Dr
Chula Vista, CA 91913
(619)423-2121 6.7 9-12
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.