Calvary Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Calvary Christian Academy Photo #2 - CCA exists to raise up thinking disciples who seek truth through an ongoing, interactive, relationship with Jesus Christ.
Calvary Christian Academy Photo #3 - All Middle and High school academic classes intergrate technology to enhance learning. Our Middle and Upper school students have their own Chromebooks to access course content and to colaborate with teachers and peers. Technology is in place to keep content safe. Our Preschool 4 year olds through 5th Grade classrooms use our Mobil Chromebook carts.
Calvary Christian Academy Photo #4 - Our student-athletes balance a rigorous academic program with a challenging athletic schedule.
Calvary Christian Academy Photo #5 - CCA's Preschool was founded in 1994 and continues to flourish as one of the best preschools in the South Bay area.
Calvary Christian Academy Photo #6 - CCA's Preschool was founded in 1994 and continues to flourish as one of the best preschools in the South Bay area.
Calvary Christian Academy Photo #9 - Our student-athletes balance a rigorous academic program with a challenging athletic schedule.
- Calvary Christian Academy (CCA) exists to educate thinking disciples who seek truth through an ongoing, interactive, relationship with Jesus Christ.
- CCA pursues this by partnering closely with parents in the biblical training of their children. CCA seeks to honor God by providing a solid liberal arts education, taught from a biblical worldview, enabling each student to flourish in vocation while representing the transformational power of Jesus Christ in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||371 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Government, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, World History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy blue or khaki pants/shorts, cardinal or white tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please go to our website for current tuition amounts.|
|Admissions Director||Mariana Figueroa|
|Admissions Associate||Mercedes Morcillo|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Calvary Christian Academy exists to help prepare children to be disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ. CCA seeks to honor God by giving our students a quality education designed to show that man`s knowledge is a reflection of God`s plan. CCA will honor God by instilling a desire for and love of Christ in each student so he/she will want to exemplify Him in all areas of life.
- Servant leadership is exemplified by the staff and practiced by the students at Calvary Christian Academy. Staff members serve the student body as stewards of Christ in many areas such as coaching sports, academic tutoring, and student counsel. CCA students are given the opportunity to serve each other, the staff, and the community at large. As part of servant leadership and academic excellence, CCA students are encouraged to become fluent Spanish speakers and are offered Spanish instruction Pre-K through 12th grade.
- Students accepted to Calvary Christian Academy have agreed that while attending CCA they will do their best to represent the finest values, morals and ideals of Christ in every circumstance in every way, every day of their lives. Students are accountable to God, their parents, and the school for their behavior 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year (24/7/365) on and off campus.
- Calvary Christian Academy believes the Bible clearly teaches that parents are primarily responsible for their child`s upbringing, discipline, and restoration. It is our desire to be a support, not the primary solution in a child`s upbringing (Proverbs 22:6, 13:24, 23:13-14, 19:18). CCA has set Biblically-based expectations as a firm foundation to be backed by consistent encouragement and consequences in the spirit of Proverbs 22:6, 23:13-14, 19:20 and Hebrews 12:1-13. We firmly believe that God speaks to us through circumstances. Any major infraction, especially a behavioral zero tolerance infraction, is a red flashing light for parents to review their involvement in their child`s life. All disciplinary decisions are made prayerfully. It is the intention of the administration to shepherd the heart of each child. This will include active listening, teaching correct behavior, and aiding the student in reconciliation with others as well as with Jesus.
- Calvary Christian Academy serves the community in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ by providing loving Christian care and high quality Christian education for children of parents that desire a Christ-centered education. In turn, as a school, we serve others through various outreaches locally and abroad.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chula Vista Grades: 9-12 | 869 students
1615 Mater Dei Dr
Chula Vista, CA 91913
(619)423-2121 1 9-12
If you're looking for an intimate school where everyone knows your child by first name, then this is the best choice. My daughter has attended for the last 7 years and it has been a wonderful experience and a great environment both academically and spiritually for her. It's given her a great foundation! We don't know if we'll stay through high school but I do recommend for Elementary and Middle School for sure!
- Posted by Parent - CeeZee
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.