South Bend Junior Academy
- South Bend Junior Academy is a 3-Year STEM Grant Recipient. We believe all students should be challenged, and thus we have implemented project-based learning.
- Our multicultural student population enjoys a nurturing and safe environment and individualized learning plans in a loving atmosphere.
- We value communication with both parents and students. Students experience optimal classroom size and student-teacher ratio along with instruction in emerging technology. We accept Indiana Choice Scholarships.
South Bend Junior Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Diversity Highest percentage of students of color
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess club, STEM program
Arts and Music Programs:
- Our certified teachers and staff are highly qualified and hand-selected for their posts. They teach to the whole child, giving him or her a transforming educational experience with a Bible-based curriculum using the latest teaching methods and emerging technology.
- The campus is located on 5 beautiful acres off of Ironwood Road. Contact us today to schedule a personal tour.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.